Why is my shielding address the same for ETH, DOGE, and ADA?

I was also under the impression the shielding address changes every few hours but when I checked back in after 12+ hours the address had not changed.

3 Likes

Hey Mike, thanks for your response. If I’m reading this correctly, what I’m experiencing is expected behavior?

1 Like

Yes most (perhaps all?) asset shielding addresses are no longer rotating. They are non-expiring and unique to each Incognito address.

The first goal in the redesign was to move away from temporary dev team controlled intermediary addresses. I do believe a future goal remains to add user controlled OTA to the shielding flow.

2 Likes

Is it expected for my wallet addresses to be the same for different coins? My assumption is they would be different but I’ve been wrong before. My address was different for BTC but the same for the others I’m using.

@Jared any ideas as to why the shielding addresses are the same for different coins?

This is not a strange occurrence dear @kitkat . That’s how it is in all other exchange even Binance.

The reason I can ascribe to this, is that BCS, Polygon, and others uses a fork of Ethereum Blockchain, so this made the wallet address to be the same. If you’re using MetaMask you will understand this. The caution all of us need is just that we shouldn’t make a mistake of sending fund that is meant for BEP20 to ERC20, just because the address is the same. You will lose the money!

I use the same address on my ERC20, BEP20 and Polygon!