[Edited to reflect that the proposal system is deprecated.]
1. What privacy problem are you solving?
In the testnet version of the phone app, users could see the status of their nodes. That was eventually removed, in part because users had a hard time understanding the statuses. Tools like https://incognito.mesquka.com/nodes from @mesquka and https://watch.incognito.market/ from @raz have given users back clarity.
The next step is a way for users to have notifications pushed to them, preferably without it being tied to their phones. In the spirit of the pNodes, they also shouldn’t have to be super technical.
This work is already in development and I’m close to being ready to launch an MVP for people to give feedback on.
2. What is the solution?
A telegram bot would allow device-agnostic notifications to be pushed to users.
3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?
Current options are:
4. Why do you care?
A notification system would help me stop looking at my phone every 5 minutes. Also, I think it would nice to share with other people.
5. What’s your roadmap? (**Updated** 1/29)
|15 June 2020||Bot MVP available||Done|
|1 July 2020||v1 available||Done|
|1 Aug 2020||v2 available||Done|
|25 Sept 2020||v3 available||Done|
|1 Jan 2021||Nito fully open source||In Progress|
- Users can add, delete(one or all), list their nodes by the public key DONE
- Users can request the current status of their nodes DONE
- Users can add feature requests for possible development DONE
- Users can review the feature list DONE
- FAQ page available DONE
- Validation testing for adding nodes DONE
- Users can send me tips DONE
- Users can enable the bot to send them notifications when their node changes status DONE
- Users can mute the notifications DONE
- Push notifications include PRV earned when vNode goes from Earning back to Waiting. (edited 7/31) DONE
- /price command brings up current PRV price DONE
- /ping users can check if the status of the wallet app fullnode DONE
v3 - Available Now
- Fix bug causing Nito to loop messages and commands - DONE
- /network tells the user the total number of nodes Nito is watching and how many nodes are on the network - DONE
- Add PRV to push notifications - DONE
- Current incscan price added to PRV notifications - *DONE
- Nito fully open-source - In Progress
- Update backend to remove API service limits - In Progress
- Increase Nito performance, especially of /status command
Not all users are receiving notifications. This has my attention until it is fixed. Please message me if this issue affects you.
Features being considered:
- Give users multiple notification options
Nito can withdrawal PRV from your node to your wallet automaticallyRequires Nito to have your private key.
- Get the status of a single node by name
- Price alerts
How do I add a feature request?
To let me know your feature requests use Nito’s /request feature: " /request-Your request here" Note, no dashes in the feature request.
6. I’m having trouble with Nito, is there help?
Yes, there is a FAQ
7. Is Nito open source?
It’s a work in progress, but yes. Source code: https://github.com/joshhamon/nito
8. How many people are using Nito? (last updated 1/29)
October 2020: 90 active users
November 2020: 92 active users
December 2020: 100 active users
January 2021: 112 active users
Active is defined as anyone with notifications turned on or has used Nito in the last 30 days.