[Finished] 2020 nomination: Reward the heroes of the year!

Nomination results :sunglasses:

Hi everyone, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your nominations! We’re really grateful for your efforts in building a healthy community.

Now, after a week of open nominations, we’d like to congratulate our 2020 heroes:

Statistic-based

• Top Creator :bulb:: @raz - Your topic about the poll for the new logo received the most engagement and support from the community: 2.2k views & 155 replies! Woah! Let’s come up with more crazy ideas in 2021. :slight_smile:

• Top Reader :books:: @Mike_Wagner - You’ve read 18.6k posts on the forum. Nerds for the win! You probably know more about what goes on in this forum than anyone.

Open nomination

• Teacher :rocket:: @J053 - Your knowledge is deep and admirable. Thanks for sharing it with us, sensei! You helped many people learn about Incognito in 2020, we hope you keep at it in 2021!

• Inspired :rocket:: @doc - Your energy has propelled the community forward! Thanks for motivating us, inspiring progress, and spreading good vibes!

• Good Neighbor :rocket:: @Tempestblack - Your friendly and hospitable attitude made the forum a warm and welcoming place. Thank you for your caring support. How sweet you are!

Heroes, you’ll receive your rewards of PRV and QUEST tokens before Christmas night :christmas_tree:. We hope it reminds you what a gift you are to the privacy community.

Thanks again to everyone for being awesome, casting your votes, and helping each other throughout the year! Even if you didn’t win an award, don’t think your contributions have gone unnoticed. You matter! :muscle:

You may find yourself wondering what the Incognito community will look like in 2021. That’s up to you! We look forward to seeing what you make of it.

Whatever you celebrate this season, we wish you happy holidays!

See you next year! :black_circle:

Summary

Hi everyone! :raised_hands:

2020 is almost finished. It’s been a great year. We’ve seen a lot of effort put into the development of the Incognito project from the core team as well as the community. Thank you all, fam! Incognito belongs to you!

Now, it’s time to award the members who have been contributing the most to the community’s growth. Let’s celebrate this special year with an award nomination, open to all community members.

We’ll have 2 categories with 6 awards:

Statistic-based

This category of awards is granted based on forum participation statistics.

• Top Creator: :bulb: Awarded to the user with the most likes and comments on an idea or conversation post in the Community/Ideas category.

• Top Reader: :books: Awarded to the user who has read the most forum posts.

• Meme master: :ghost: Awarded to the creator of the meme with the most likes in this topic: Memes Wanted!.

At the time of selecting winners, whoever has the top qualifying stat for each award will win the respective award.

In the meantime, keep learning about Incognito by reading more, giving ‘likes’, and commenting on your favorite ideas and memes. :wink:

Open nomination - Have your say!

Awards in this category will be selected by community member nomination. You get to nominate the active members that you believe deserve the recognition! The awards are:

teacher Neighbor

reward

These awards are just our humble way of thanking those who contribute the most to the project and the community. So, in your opinion…

• :rocket: Who is the best teacher that is knowledgeable and has helped you or others learn about the project in 2020?

• :rocket: Who is the best neighbor that has been helpful and kind this year?

• :rocket: Who is the most inspirational or influential member that has motivated you in 2020?

Just post your nomination by replying directly to this topic, following this format :point_down::

[award] - [@name]: [rationale]

The purpose of these awards is to show appreciation to helpful members of the Incognito community. Core team members (users with a shield next to their username) are not eligible to be nominated. :slight_smile:

Rewards

The winner of each award will not only earn the respective badge, but they’ll also earn 100 PRV + 20 QUEST!

The nomination will close on December 17, and results will be announced on December 18.
Rewards for the winners will be distributed before Christmas night!
:slight_smile:

Thank you! Submit your nominations now! :white_check_mark:

31 Likes

Meme master - @Leonardo_Arguello: For making this great video: Memes Wanted!

3 Likes

Hey @J053, you can nominate for Teacher, Inspired, and Good Neighbor. These are the awards open for community vote.

Creator, Reader and Meme Master will be selected based on the real time forum statistics. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t have any badge but will vote for the top contributor

2 Likes

you can vote for the members who you think are the best teacher, neighbor and inspirer in 2020. Just following this format: [award] - [@name]: [rationale] :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Best Neighbor - @Tempestblack - What shall I say it´s obvious? :smiley: He’s a great guy.

8 Likes

Best neighbor - @Tempestblack - He’s so friendly, always give a warm welcome to newbie and encouragement for his neighbors

5 Likes

Greetings to the entire Incognito Community…The Devs Teams, The Moderators, The Builders, and the general membership of the Incognito community…First of all, when I first saw this topic I thought to myself…“hmmm…this should be interesting and I do not think I can make a nomination and even more so, vote”…why you may ask?.. Simple, there just is in this community so many members worthy and deserving of these awards. So many persons I can think of that should be nominated and win for that matter and there is my plight for well amongst the many persons that I can think of for the various awards I find myself with great difficulty trying to figure out what nominees I should make. Since first arriving to the community I found a community rich in diverseness, openness, friendliness, motivated, and sheer ingenuity and intelligence. A community willing and motivated to respond to inquiries and propositions made by both new and veteran members of this community and most if not all working towards and believing in the concept of Incognito which is…Privacy…when it comes to the Crypto Verse and its transactions. So with all that being said…here are 3 nominations that I am making:

1. Teacher - @aaron - His posts are among some of the best when it comes to answering questions that are informative and educating.
  2. Neighbor - @Jamie - She is an incredibly attentive member not just here in the forum but also at the Telegram Incognito Chat room. I see her consistently answering questions and giving advice to members both new and seasoned alike both here and in Telegram.
  3. Inspirational/Influential - @andrey - Simply put…his monthly Zoom meetings where he presents the month’s news and updates and the amount of time that he speaks on various things is indeed inspirational and influential to the community as a whole.

Now I wish everyone to know that yes these are 3 nominees that I have made at this time but in no way does it mean that I did not think about so many others that are just as deserving of a nomination and award. Persons such Chucky, Ducky, Thriftinkid, Revolve, Sato, Peter, Doc, Abdurahman, Josh_Hamon, Taind, JO53, Inccry, JoyRaptor, Mike_Wagner, Jersey, and so many others. Members such as those aforementioned here that I see consistently participating in this community in various ways from Development to Building to Testing to being helpful and responsive to postings made here at the forums.

Finally, I would like to thank @sato and @Jersey for, to my shock and surprise, for the nominations they made for me. When I read the posts I was like stunned and surprised as I said…I did not expect them for well I am just an average joe, nothing special about me… :blush:…so, therefore, my surprise indeed when I saw and read the posts…Happy of course and flattered but yes it caught me off guard…thank you once again to @sato and @Jersey for their nomination and well may the best nominees win in each category…I wish all of us a very Happy Holidays and New Year when it comes…and please be safe…This Covid virus almost killed me earlier this year but for now I survived it…and do not wish to relive it…thankfully there is a vaccine now…let’s just hope they get it out to all of us as soon as possible…best regards to all…Tempestblack :sunglasses: :100:

11 Likes

You’re welcome @Tempestblack you really have earned this price in my opinion.

According your other votes as far as I have understood, we can only vote for non core team members. I guess it is because every core member desires a price anyway, for all the great work they have done since incognito has launched :innocent:

It is really awesome to see, how they keep pushing and stay humble to bring privacy to the blockchain and creating a great community in the same time as well in order to make the incognito project a real movement.

Incognito becomes stronger and stronger every day and 2021 with the launch of the DAO we will become finally truly unstoppable as a privacy movement. Thank you core team, for bringing us together and the strong focus on utility and privacy instead of just on the price :partying_face:

4 Likes

Teacher - @J053 : He has been the best teacher for me, he introduced me to this community, he guided me and explained to me a lot of things to understand the basics of this amazing project, from how even cryptocurrencies works to why they need privacy and how this project provides it. Any question I could possibly have he was always available to explain to me in detail with so much patience and I appreciate that a lot since I’m a complete noobie :sweat_smile:.

Good Neighbor - @Tempestblack : I like to navigate through the forum a lot and in many posts that I’ve visited he always leaves nice comments and seems like a pretty active member and kind person in this community :yum:.

Inspired - @J053 : He works hard to provide useful and functional tools to this community like his new pDEX Tracker Telegram Bot, and how he’s always looking a way to improve his ENSI Telegram Bot. I think he’s very creative and dedicated to his creations :grin:.

7 Likes

Teacher - @abduraman: Thanks, man, for all the answered questions and information you have shared in the builders community. Also, thanks for sharing the source code.

Neighbor - @Tempestblack: He’s almost always the first one to answer something to new posts, specially builders posts, in where he always say something likable and motivational.

7 Likes

Hey @tempestblack!

We’re incredibly grateful for your encouragement, and glad to hear we’ve been helpful! However, these rewards are meant to show appreciation to community members, so if you feel inclined to edit your post, it would be great to know which community members you’d like to nominate instead of core team members. Thanks for being such a positive voice on the forum :smiley:

7 Likes

Teacher @inccry
For always jumping in with helpful insight and information for new builders working with the Incognito code, SDK & RPC. Even made his own fullnode available to other builders as they bootstrapped their projects and provided incscan.io endpoints to facilitate the Coingecko, et al, listing.

Good Neighbor @sid
Fosters an inviting welcome for new users, posts encouragement for new community projects & ideas, maintains an earnings post for the community to study and even finds time to assist other community members.

Inspired @doc
Posts interesting, thought provoking and well-developed topics regarding crypto privacy, legal implications, possible new regulations on the horizon and Incognito’s place in the cryptoverse.

10 Likes

@Peter for President! Thanks for being a Good Neighbor amigo!

1 Like

Hi Aaron…thank you for your response and why the response…so if I am to understand I have to change my nomination for the Teacher category from you (a core member) to someone else that is a non-core member…is that correct?

1 Like

That’s correct, @Tempestblack.

1 Like

Teacher - @aaron
Im new here in this community but only aaron guide me how this thing works eventhough he is so busy but never let me lost in my my track…

Goood Neighbor - @Jamie
I always saw Jamie having good conversation to the community which i know not only to help or to guide others but a nice person as a member makes someone trust you

Influencer/inspired - ME :grin::grin::grin:
You dont know me but i think people should know and recognize what incognito is… im just an ordinary trader who keeps on believing to incognito since day one… i may not be active in community but outside i let my family and relatives know that someday incognito will be one of the best and with my social media posts with different platforms i encourage people whats behind incognito? (Just a secret) age 14 to seniors in my families and relatives using this incognito… they truly love the staking here… :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

The Best Neighbor - @Jamie : Do you have a problem, something scratches the back of your mind or are you just trying to find your way in the community? Jamie has got you covered!

Give him a quick hello in the forum or in the chat group and he’ll give give you a warm welcome!

1 Like

Guys! Please notice this note :smiley: So don’t vote for the core-team members please. :joy:

All core-team members have a shield icon next to their username. For example:

Untitled

1 Like

Damn, there is just 1 slot available for Teacher and Good Neighbor while all the names that were mentioned in this post are really superheroes in the community :trophy:
Special thanks to @Mike_Wagner, @inccry, @Jamie, and @Tempestblack for helping the community (and me, too) over this year :yellow_heart:

@JamesBrown My pleasure. But it would be great to know which community member you’d like to nominate instead of a core team member like me :raised_hands:

4 Likes