The Incognito Academy – a content hub for all things Incognito and privacy

Hello all,

I’ve been thinking for some time about creating a repository that will better organise the resources we have for members of the Incognito community.

To put it simply, there is a learning curve to getting accustomed to navigating the forums. Personally when I first became familiar with Incognito and wanted to learn more about it, I found the forums messy and a little confusing. I believe I’ve also seen a post somewhere on how a particular member here first stayed away for 6 months because of a similar issue.

Most of you reading this are the ones who understand the value of privacy and like you, I believe in the role Incognito is playing to make privacy accessible for the world.

I’m sure there are many people in search of better privacy options, but haven’t had the opportunity to become familiar with Incognito’s project because of the not-so-friendly user interface of the forums.

Going back to my initial point – I’m looing to start a better organised repository of sources, which is tentatively called The Incognito Academy.

This will look to cover every point of every user’s journey within Incognito.

For a start, I’m looking to focus on those new to Incognito, or even new to the concept of privacy in crypto entirely. Beginners will get everything they need to know organised into easy-to-navigate, easy-to-digest content.

For those where this isn’t their first rodeo, this repository will be expanded to content that can share ideas, tips, tricks, also in a format that is easy to navigate and consume.

The core Incognito team can curate any external content to share, and members of the community can also contribute content of their own to The Incognito Academy.

I’m looking to start out with content that covers basic questions like:
• What is Incognito?
• Why is privacy important?
• What is PRV?

I’d like to find out what’s been your experience like when you were first introduced to Incognito, or when you’ve tried introducing Incognito/privacy to others. What kind of questions were asked? What are the topics you think should be covered for beginners?

I apologise for the word vomit and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks all.

TLDR:

• The Incognito Academy will be a content hub for all content on privacy/Incognito, better organised and easier to consume
  • I’m looking to start with beginners
  • Would love to know what you think are the sort of topics we should cover for this demographic
15 Likes

Agree. It is easy just to look for recent messages but when you need to search something it become mission impossible.

I would not limit only to incognito related threads but also to privacy in general for crypto so we can make a very complete academy for the crypto world that is looking for privacy.

Let me know how you want to make this.
Do you want to start another website or just make a sub section inside incognito.org where to post all the selected material?
I can help posting and writing some tutorial about privacy sphere.

You can also join @IncognitoRebels telegram group there we are just few people and it is easy to talk directly.

5 Likes

That’s an amazing idea and what Incognito community should do :sunglasses:
Forum is definitely not the best way to navigate and go trough project detail. Now the learning curve of Incognito project is too steep, really make new comers (including myself a few weeks before) suffering…
When people click ‘about us’, it would be better to point to a more structure website with educational content.

2 Likes

I agree. The aim is to also develop content beyond just Incognito and like you’ve mentioned, also touch on privacy in general.

The current goal as of now is to repurpose existing content and organise them into something that will hopefully make it easier to navigate and consume. But any help with additional content is always welcomed and greatly appreciated - I will reach out to you via PM soon to speak more about what you have in mind.

In the meantime for everyone else, I’m trying to get a better idea of anyone’s experience when first learning about Incognito, or privacy for crypto?

What were the important questions you wanted answered? Are there any questions the existing content repository doesn’t already cover?

Would appreciate any feedback.

1 Like

Are you still working on this?

1 Like

Interesting, but seem like no one discuss it anymore

Yep, I mentioned wanting to create something like this in May. Then this one showed up so I thought I’d give it a rest. Need to be sure we are not wasting time on doing the same thing, in different ways most likely but still.

2 Likes

Look forward to The Incognito Academy

I like your idea a lot since I’m really new to this community.
And about your questions for newbies.

What kind of questions were asked? What are the topics you think should be covered for beginners?

I think it would be great add some really really beginners questions such as:
What is “cryptocurrency”?
What is a “blockchain”?
How does it work?
What does Incognito has to do with this?

And so on.
I hope this Incognito Academy becomes a thing!

3 Likes

The Incognito has a youtube channel, I think they can create a playlist as Academy, it will be a great content hub for old and newbie

2 Likes

I’d like to tag our own YouTuber @elena to consider about this idea. :grin:

1 Like

Yep, some great vids are out there already. The issue is not so much about publishing content, but more about a format that will actually be used.

Written text has already been proven not the way to go.
Did you yourself watch the vids of the Incognito channel? If so which ones?

I think your dictionary is pretty awesome. As you said maybe too much text is not the way but a little concept accompanied with links that have more in-depth details could be an option like current posts in the incognito blog and videos like suggested by @Hapaku :grin:

1 Like

Hey @Hapaku it’s a great idea! But I agree with Jamie, first of all we need to decide about the format.

However, soon there will be more videos on our youtube channel, including the educational ones.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for youtube videos, feel free to DM me :blush:

It’s a great idea, I followed ur channel but it looks like just have 1 video per month

As an Academy, I suggest we have more ‘teacher’, not only Elena but also other core teams can be the teacher for what they expert

Hey there, as you can see that the videos have people introduce or talk about 1 topic always get higher engagement, and it’s easier for newbie to follow too.
also you can split the screen into 2 frame and same size, then we wont feel we re watching robot talking, more trustful and interesting.

like this one?

Yes! I see The Academy as a mix with that post with your Dictionary accompanied with Incognito Chain videos :slight_smile:
I know it may sound like a “so you’re telling me to re-do everything?” but no :sweat_smile: I see it more as a complementing the information that already is here in only one space.
Sorry I’m pretty bad at explaining but just trying to share my idea as well in case it makes sense for someone :heart:

1 Like

No problem. I actually have other plans because, despite the effort, what has been done so far is not working. A redo of what is here is inevitable. Simply grouping it together won’t help.