Community Educational Content, Comparisons to other networks

Is there any community content for comparing other networks that are similar to Incognito? As a non-technical person, as is also some relevant portion of the larger crypto community, it can be difficult to weigh the similarities and differences of these networks. A few that I’ve seen are (not trying to shill, just learn): Pivx, Secret Network, Haven, and (potentially) Ren. While making the content officially from Incognito’s POV could be seen as biased, I think it could also been seen as strength. As in, the Incognito team is aware of other networks, is confident in their own design for XYZ reasons, admits any limitations, and is perhaps willing to collaborate or connect their networks for even greater utility.

If this type on content doesn’t formally exist already, maybe this thread can serve as a starting point. Privacy preserving exchange and computation seem like a critical component to the growth of decentralized networks as a whole, so I think educating the entire crypto community with content like this would be helpful for everyone.

Cheers.

1 Like

This would be an interesting thread that could be summarized. People always want to know what’s special and unique about PRV/Incognito compared to other coins/projects. It’s a complex question because there are elements of the token that are unique but mostly the project itself is unique. Some of the most useful aspects don’t even have to touch PRV token for what the end-user sees.

I’ve limited my research to being able to shield my on-chain and in my opinion the biggest ‘competitor’ for this is ethereum L2 solutions. Incognito is still a tad cheaper because it doesn’t cost anything to shield a token but with L2 solutions designed to make for cheaper transactions, I could see these L2 replacing the privacy aspects of incognito.

However, what else do you value? PRV token? Running a node? Earning PRV via provide to earn interest? This game thing going on? It’s such a complex topic—but it would be great to dive in!

Hey, @sjo114 @marko. I assume this content could be a part of the Incognito Academy initiative when/if it goes live.

As you can see the road map for 2021 is quite intensive and the core team can’t prioritize up content creation over network development. At the same time, our community has a lot of talented people. It would be awesome if you guys could push this idea forward.

I recommend starting from this presentation. It has all the main information, about positioning, utility, tech, and other aspects of the network.

Positioning

Utility

We’ll be happy to answer any question or bring more clarity if you guys move this initiative forward.

7 Likes

I’m not really interested in putting that content together but it wouldn’t necessarily be pure marketing material for incognito. There are some things that incognito does well and some things that it doesn’t. And then there are some things that are on the roadmap so later it will do them better. It’s a bit more complicated.

It’s much easier to discuss with someone their particular needs and desires and recommend a solution for them. Or at least that’s what I’m good at. Someone else might be really good at making presentations :slight_smile:

I found this post in the Incognito community from earlier this year that could be useful Incognito, Monero, Zcash, Beam and Grin

1 Like