Join the Privacy Quest, earn prizes (up to 1 BTC)

Is your phone the only screen in the house? Just send it to a different device :slight_smile:

1 Like

Part of the idea is for everyone to invite their friends to join, solve the quests together, increasing chances of opening all chests.

2 Likes

Nothing is for free. The whole purpose is to grow awareness.

4 Likes

Some of these are more difficult than they should be. It’s great if it requires a bit of digging and looking, but it loses all appeal and defeats the purpose if you search for an hour and can never find it. There needs to be some way to get hints.

3 Likes

I tried the Twitter 8/31 annoucement- no luck finding a qr code anywhere. Couldn’t find one on the main Tor project site either.

2 Likes

Hey there, I’ve found the answers/websites/info online for the material of those 3 clues which you have found, but I can’t find the actual QR codes in any of the content that I discovered - I did however find 2 QR codes for the “internet privacy guy is a swell guy” and “Join the PRV Call”, Do you have any suggestions? Thanks !

@Trevuchet, it’s good feedback, how do you think we could improve it ?

• to prepare easier questions ?
  • to show some hints over time ?
  • other ideas ? :thinking:

Lets make it more interesting for everyone :slight_smile:

We are still in early access/prelaunch phase - there will be more clues and improvements landing soon!

It’s live in the app! Still pre-launch, but you get early access and can earn tokens.

I think it would be better to have questions that are a bit easier. Having to look for 5-15 minutes is fine, as long as some digging leads you steadily to the right answer. The Tor question left me scouring the official announcement on the Tor website over and over again, and I never thought of there being an official announcement on social media (and much less on a day several days after the first announcement on that social media site). Having hints would definitely help too, either from the beginning or over time.

I think what I was hoping for was a scavenger hunt that would be rewarding but also educational, and I felt like I spent so much time searching for QR codes that I didn’t really have time to read much about the different topics. It could be cool if the QR code took you to a short (3-5 question) quiz about the subject that you had to pass to get the rewards. The questions wouldn’t have to be hard, but would make sure we knew the basics of the person/project (maybe just a step above the questions Coinbase asks after you watch a video on a crypto project). That could make up for the QR codes being a bit easier to find, and also make the whole thing more interesting for all of us.

4 Likes

CC @elena @Marina

1 Like

It is frustrating when you (think you) found the source where the code should be, and don’t see a code anywhere. Or when you spot what seems to be a hidden code, and that one doesn’t work.

On the other hand, there is 1 BTC to win. It shouldn’t be too easy.

How about, inviting some of your friends or family and ask them to take a look as well. People with different levels of knowledge of crypto will have different perspectives and may look in places others don’t.

PS: I don’t have the answers, and am not able to find all the codes either so I do feel your pain.

1 Like

By the way what are the chances to win the 1 BTC? 1:1000, 1:10000 or even 1:100000000 as there are 100 Millions Quests in total. Can somebody tell us, so I know how many Quests I have to find :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Big up to the team. We had fun to chase the qr-codes in family, during containment. We have had a few deceptions, but we have also found some. I hope that the marketing objectives are achieved and i applaud the intelligence of the quest which will open the doors of the free world to hunters. I think about tor, and the swell guy (hard but very enriching quest).
So i thank the team for that. And i’m proud to carry a brick (even very small) to privacy world and to incognito since march.
If i win i will stake all there :heart:

5 Likes

LOL. You can count how many Quest coins will be available after every chest has been opened by the sum of the required number to open each one.

Not all coins will be used, that is for sure. But there is a weighted chance for every prize on the wheel, it is not just 1/number of options.

1 Like

Thank you @Tranbr for your kind response. Me personally, @elena as a game designer and all the team really appreciates this. please take care :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you for your opinion on the Quest. Yes, it was supposed to be a bit hard to crack as there are big prizes at stake. Even so, there was a lot of work put into it by the core team: quests, collaborations, development, PR… Usually, this comes unnoticed.

Although I hear what you’re saying. For a more casual audience, we’ll be hosting quizzes sometime in the future. @Trevuchet where do you think is the best place to hold such a quiz? the App or social networks?

4 Likes

Maybe holding quizzes on the app or website, but still advertising on social networks. Not all privacy fans are active users of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

2 Likes

Has anyone solved the Wizard of Oz quest? That is the only one I’m missing, but it seems impossible to find.

Edit: it is possible to find.

4 Likes

Some quick math shows that about 17,000 spins will be awarded if all current chests are solved/opened

How are you finding these? I look and look and never seem to find any of them.