Stake - Option in app to funnel rewards to a single account

I’m not familiar with the method in this post, however, any node will become unstaked if it is slashed. Stop the node in Docker and it will slash upon entering committee again.

But then I won’t earn anything. I want to earn and unstake

I never unstake so I have not tested it. But in theory it should be the same as staking.

incognito-cli unstake -privateKey <funding_PrivateKey> --miningKey <node_MiningKey> --candidateAddress <node_PaymentAddress>

1 Like

This worked btw

2 Likes

What is the correct way to do this currently?

./incognito-cli stake -p xxxx -rwdAddr yyyy

Says the OTA Key isn’t synced, but I’m not clear on how to sync it

That is because of the OTA (one time addresses) Incognito is using. The only way for a full node to know your balance is if you first submit your OTA key.

incognito-cli account sub --otaKey <OTA key>

https://we.incognito.org/t/full-nodes-cache-a-faster-way-to-retrieve-users-output-coins/12810

Thanks, now the error is the total unspent amount is (0) when it needs to be 1750.1, there is enough PRV in the staking account.

I got the same error when I tried to unstake a different vNode.

Transfer the PRV to another account and then back in and you should be good.

Another step closer, now it says the error is -1016 Reject invalid fee and -1004: reject invalid fee transaction hash

Did you update cli? If it is old version, it creates txs with old network fee. So you should get the new release if exists or build it.

1 Like

It is version 1.0.0

It seems that there is no new release after fee update. So you should build it from the source code.

Working updated release of cli here:

https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-cli/releases/tag/v2.1.0-alpha

1 Like

Thanks, I checked it out but same result, even just trying to send some tokens around. Invalid fee

Do you have >0.1+ PRV to cover the network fee?

I do, do I need to wait longer for the OTA to sync? I don’t suppose there is a way to check the status of that?

Update:
cli account balanceall confirms enough PRV is there

I’ve reached out to a dev to step in an help you.

1 Like

I tried it today and it worked for me. Are you sure you are using the new cli from the link I posted and not your old one?

Good, that means it’s got to be on my end. I will start from scratch and see what I get.

Also can I unstake and then stake with new rwdAddr without the slashing penalty?

So you won’t be “penalized”. I am not actually aware of a penalty for slashing.

If you unstake, you will be unstake after your next committee assignment and earning. Then you can re-stake, same as if you were slashed.

1 Like