[Staging] Incognito - Binance Smart Chain bridge

Hi folks, after 3 weeks of development on the proposal, we’re thrilled to announce the staging version of the Incognito app for Incognito - Binance Smart Chain bridge has been released.

You can download the app at:

In the next section, let me walk you through steps to shield BNB (BEP20 token) from Binance Smart Chain (BSC for short) to Incognito then unshield pBNB from Incognito back to BSC.

Connecting MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain

You will need a wallet to interact with BSC so please look into the very good tutorial to install (if needed), configure, and connect your wallet to BSC. This also guides you on how to get some BNB (BEP20) tokens on the BSC testnet via the faucet, it’s a pre-requirement for the next step - shield BNB to Incognito.

Shield and unshield BNB

At this point, you’re having 1 BNB through the faucet above, please follow the steps in the following video to shield and unshield BNB.

Please note that the BNB shielding is quite similar to what we’ve done with Incognito - Ethereum bridge as it also offers 2 options that allow users to shield either

• Through a temporary address managed by the Incognito team for those who want to do the shielding from an account stored on external services like exchange, lending platform, etc.

• Or through WalletConnect for those who want to shield directly from their personal crypto wallet like Metamask or Trust Wallet in a decentralized manner.

That’s it, you can also repeat similar steps for shielding and unshielding peggy tokens such as Binance-Peg Ethereum Token (ETH), Binance-Peg BTCB Token (BTCB), etc. Please give this a try and let us know your thoughts. Thank you!

12 Likes

Shield :white_check_mark:
Unshield :x:
I can’t change the currency( There are no test PRV tokens(
Trade :x:
no test bnb(
Provide :x:

2 Likes

hi @zes333, how are you doing? Thank you for helping us test the BSC bridge. Let me explain in detail the features not working at your end:

• To prepare for the next big change - Privacy v2 which will only accept PRV for paying fees, that’s why there is no other option but PRV for unshielding fees.

• To trade with BSC’s pToken you need to add liquidity first.

• Currently Provide has not supported BSC’s pToken yet, we’re considering it and will let the community know once we have changes on this.

Please drop your payment address here then I will send you some PRV on the Testnet so that you can continue your journey with the new feature. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hey @thachtb,

I filled in the form 2 days ago but I didn’t get any invitation email. FYI.

@abduraman, @zes333, testnet PRV was sent https://testnet.incognito.org/tx/1f9665e6131164f5b8dd9f82e8c273bc2200f020c4d31c4198e95647afd01bad

To all who want to test iOS build, open this link on iPhone safari browser https://testflight.apple.com/join/1vtPv4Az

1 Like

Is shielding BSC available for all? I saw this today when searching to shield2021-07-05 11.45.18

Yes, It’s released a couple of days ago, but we found out a few issues, that’s why we delayed a bit to spread it out then.
And everything is working fine now, an official announcement will be published within today. Won’t you mind giving it a try? :wink:

1 Like