[Solved] Receiving crypto from a paper wallet?

Is it possible to receive funds from a paper wallet? The shield in my app doesn’t seem to have the ability to scan the QR on the paper wallet. It seems the app is requiring me to “send” from the outside source. Or I might be missing something. I really don’t want to first receive into another wallet or (worst option) first receive it into an exchange account and then send.

1 Like

Hey @user111111 Welcome to the incognito community! :partying_face:
As far as im aware, you cannot move funds out of a paper wallet without first transfering them to a compatible wallet. In this case you must first scan the private key of the paper wallet into a compatible wallet, and than you can transfer funds into incognito. It seems Blockchain app wallet is compatible with paper wallets. Maybe worth trying that one, You might find this helpful.

Have a good day

2 Likes

Thank you. Maybe I’ll wait. Could be future functionality?

That would indeed be a neat feature, but a very hard one to do, since assets on incognito are tied to an incognito private key not to a private key for each individual asset. With that said I dont think it will be doable unfortunately, at least not for now.

2 Likes