[Solved]Cant add virtual node on app

Recently started following and have the required PRV to stake and have set up my instance on VULTR however on the app when i press add after typing my ip address nothing happens on the app.

Welcome to the community Bazz_Jeffries… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks really interested in the project and want to get my virtual node set up before I invest in the physical node. Just can’t seem to get the virtual added on the app. The “add” button under the IP address seems to do nothing. Server is up and running just can’t stake >_< (currently my 1800 PRV Is providing liquidity for the time being)

When you setup the vnode did you run the script to put in the validator key and does the run script have the validator key in it being placed into a variable?

Did you make sure it’s the validator key and not the Prv address? Validator key is at the bottom of the keys list.

Are there any firewalls that need to be opened up in the Vps server? There are some extra config Settings along with the ‘how to setup a vnode’ instructions for info on the firewall.

Can you hit the port with an open port scan service?

Did you start the vnode in the standard port 9334? If not when you add the IP you need the port as well.

Are you making sure that the IP you enter doesn’t have any leading or trailing white space?

1 Like

Thanks will check this all out

When you setup the vnode did you run the script to put in the validator key and does the run script have the validator key in it being placed into a variable?
Yes I followed the setup instructions - How would i check if it is being placed into a variable after the setup?

Did you make sure it’s the validator key and not the Prv address? Validator key is at the bottom of the keys list.
yes i imput the validator key

Are there any firewalls that need to be opened up in the Vps server? There are some extra config Settings along with the ‘how to setup a vnode’ instructions for info on the firewall.
No firewall is set up by default on VULTR

Can you hit the port with an open port scan service?
trying this now after reinstalling the server and redoing setup

Did you start the vnode in the standard port 9334? If not when you add the IP you need the port as well.
Im not sure - I only followed the VULTR setup on the forum

Are you making sure that the IP you enter doesn’t have any leading or trailing white space?
no leading or trailing - have tried with the port - the add button still does nothing, would i get an error message on the IOS or android app if something were wrong? sorry quite new to Vservers so any “idiot” level clarity would help me a deal

Using the node checking Telnet site with my external server IP and the 9334 port i get the out come
@Connection to 95.179.138.38 on port 9334 was successfull@
imputing the information on the app as above following the example still renders the button non functional - 95.179.138.38:9334 - is this the correct format?

I have noticed a difference during the check on the docker stats it is not showing “inc_logshipper” in the containers - only inc_mainet and Eth_mainet - the same with docker ps - could this be an issue when I deployed the initial code?

Did you have 1750 PRV available in the wallet you want to stake from? It’s best to make a new wallet key and name it something related to your node (as you’ll need one for each node you want to run). The 1750 PRV has to be in this wallet before you can stake the node.

The IP address format you mentioned is correct.

Vultr does not require the opening of ports to have your node working.

Thanks - yes it was available - does it need to be in the wallet when I press the “add” button on the app after typing in the IP address as it was and still nothing happened

Pressing the “add” button on the app after typing the ip in, with or without the port just highlights the button - I hope that makes sense

I would recommend you to create another key / wallet in the app named Node1. Copy the validator key and put it in the install script before running. You’ll want to transfer your 1750 PRV. I usually transfer 1750.5 PRV to my node wallet to cover the small fees. If you have staked your PRV in the meantime then you’ll have to wait to withdraw it as withdrawing from stake can take a few days.

Port 9334 on IP address 95.179.138.38 is showing as closed. Are you sure the script ran correctly?

I tried the IP:Port you listed and it is the actual one then there is something wrong with the config of the VPS because the app is not about to connect to it.

1 Like

cheers - I have 1800PRV ill set it to leave the staking, i had since destroyed that server and started again - can you drop the deploy script here for me incase im somehow putting my Validator key in the wrong place

Follow this script. That way if you want to add another node in the future it’ll be easy to do.

Edit the script with “sudo nano” before you run it and add in your validator key.

1 Like

If you can’t figure it out I can help walk you through it. I can assure you it works on Vultr because I used to use them but now I use contabo.

1 Like

I appreciate the help, very new to the coding so sometimes white out over it haha so its 99.99% me messing up - just ran the scripts and it already seems to be doing more pulls than before so I must have messes something up - set the withdraw from the Provider stake so will see if its running once this is done then try with the PRV back in the main wallet. Expect some more cries of help in the next few days though haha

Awesome. If you’re seeing more pulls when it’s setting up docker that’s great. Go ahead and try adding the node again in the app after you make a new key for your node. You can always add the stake later on but can setup the node now to make sure it works.

Check sudo docker stats and sudo docker ps to see if your node is running correctly and check the port again as well.

Still nothing when I press add >_<
getting this on docker stats
CONTAINER ID NAME CPU % MEM USAGE / LIMIT MEM % NET I/O BLOCK I/O PIDS
6eddc581fe31 inc_mainnet_3 0.00% 0B / 0B 0.00% 0B / 0B 0B / 0B 0
91b71da6435e inc_mainnet_0 178.38% 389MiB / 7.789GiB 4.88% 61.2MB / 658kB 0B / 0B 18
^C

and this on Docker PS
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
6eddc581fe31 incognitochain/incognito-mainnet:20200807_2 “/bin/bash run_incog…” 7 minutes ago Restarting (3) 30 seconds ago inc_mainnet_3
91b71da6435e incognitochain/incognito-mainnet:20200807_2 “/bin/bash run_incog…” 7 minutes ago Up 7 minutes 0.0.0.0:9334->9334/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9433->9433/tcp inc_mainnet_0

Checking on the telnet web tool it is accessable - Connection Status : Connection to 165.232.46.22 on port 9334 was successfull

Gonna have to crash out as im about to hit 3am and feeling defeated haha

Okay so according to the logs for some reason the docker container looks to be restarting over and over again and again. Which VPS did you pay for?

Also you want to check the IP address on an external website. Use the following website to check your port from now on.

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Did you follow this guide when you setup your Vultr VPS?