[Solved]Cant add virtual node on app

Yeah followed the guide - the only variance is that there no longer seems to be 19.10 x64 so selecting 20.04 x64
Cheers for the help I appreciate it!
Just so I know Im doing it right, once ive edited the code in Sudo nano is there something specific I need to do to deploy the code as i could be doing that wrong somehow - im sure id be able to find a way!

It may be that something is broke with incog network.
We are seeing restart issues as well with nodes that have been working fine.

Hi @Bazz_Jeffries, please restart the app, and confirm that the IP you want to add hasnā€™t existed yet on your Node screen.

Currently, we canā€™t add 2 Nodes with the same IP address. It will give an error message, and it was hidden behind the keyboard. We will improve this glitch soon.

@Peter @Bazz_Jeffries was having an issue with his node starting up. He has since spun up a new VPS and it appears this node is working without restarts and the port is showing open on a port checker.

1 Like

Hi Peter thanks have restarted and tried again but still not working hereā€™s a screen capture of what happens if that helps

1 Like

Thanks @Jared. ā€œRestarting instanceā€ is a different problem. I think we need a log to verify.
Hi @fitz_fiat & @Bazz_Jeffries, please give us this file so we can verify: error.log It is in your /data directory.

Another thing that we are working on is that you canā€™t add a node to your screen using the IP. Please wait for our updates.

1 Like

I also meet the same problem.

My app wallet is on ios.

My ubuntu version is: 20.04

Hi @Bazz_Jeffries @leo,

Have you ever had any added Nodes in that screen? We are trying to reproduce the bug.

Also, please try to add again now and let me know the result.

Because it was a new node there is no error.log. The restarting never logged any issues to error before restarting.

Will see if the head of the regular log has anything.

Hi no this was my first but I have just tried now and it seems to be working. Have got through to pressing stake so will see shortly but seems all good so far. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Thanks again for all the help setting up my vnode - really appreciate all the time you took out to give me a hand!

2 Likes

No problem. Glad I could help! Just keep an eye on docker ps and docker stats. You donā€™t want to be seeing restarts.

2 Likes

Cheers, been up sold since i launched it so fingers crossed that means its all good!

I have been following this string since itā€™s inception and just wanted to say that you all did some awesome work and the communicating between each other and I wish more of the membership could see the support given to members by the builder, dev, and moderator teams from Incognito. For yes the complaints are seen but sometimes it is the great and hard work done at times behind the scenes that does not get the kind of exposure that you all deserveā€¦on my part though I wish to express my thanks indeed for the times such as in this case when it happens as this string clearly showsā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I just wanna point out that Iā€™m not a part of the support team. Just a community member who really cares about this project. I know getting things setup for the first time can be hard and sometimes we just need a helping hand. I appreciate your kind words though and this community is truly awesome!

4 Likes

Wanted to throw a thanks again for the support and update vnode is running great and Iā€™ve received two sets of rewards already (on my Birthday no less!)
Have a great day everyone

6 Likes

Thanks for the update, and congratz on your birthday :tada:

1 Like