Repurpose Your pNode: Don’t Let Good Tech Go to Waste!

I will take you up on this offer for sure.

I have 4 I am happy to sell you at $40 each plus shipping

1 Like

Hi, abusing this topic to say and bye to you. Such a shame to see our dear project go to waste, but it is what it is. We had a lot of fun, thank you for that. I hope your future will be bright, and who knows, maybe we will meet again.

@Jared do you know if the pNode supports more than 4GB RAM?

2 Likes

I would love to see a step by step guide on how to convert a pNode in to a monero (XMR) miner since they are ASIC resistant

3 Likes

Yes, there is a second unpopulated slot. According to a quick search of the motherboard it appears it can accommodate 8GB of RAM max.

pNode Model: NUC BOX6CAYH (Intel Celeron J3455 1.5Ghz) 2x DDR3L

2 Likes

If there is I might want to buy one

1 Like

Sure. Give me a few days to get together packaging and and weight, etc, and I’ll contact you and @Up2UrHeadlights to get details to ship it out. Just a little these past few days so I haven’t had time

1 Like

@Jared@Jamie@Linnovations@slabb@brico84…I want to thank every one of you for having posted something to this string…I mean all the postings on this string are wonderful and informative and well helpful…I’ve been swamped with some r/t issues but I mean to continue to follow closely the various postings in this string and others and well to leave comments or responses when I can and definitely what anyone posts on here…because by sharing ideas and brainstorming it is how we help each other truly…so once again thank you to all once again… Now to @Jaime…OMG :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:…it has been ages…I am going to message you pvt if it is ok with you…I hope it will be…wow…it is so cool to see you post and hear from you after so long…sorry that it has come around under the circumstances though…so let me send that pvt message…Hope to hear from you… :kissing_heart:

By the way @Jared…did you get that pvt message I sent you?

2 Likes

Hmmm, I might have missed it. Please resend or PM me the link to it.

1 Like

https://we.incognito.org/t/how-do-i-pull-btc-in-wallet-out/22580?u=tempestblack

@Jamie…ummm now I remember why I never heard from you again… :cry:…because you put everyone on block to you as to pvt message…sighs…well babe if you happen to catch this post on this string…well hit me on a pvt message if you can or wish to …would love to just catch and hear how you are…anyway…it was good to see you post… :blush:

1 Like

Hey pNode Runners,

These low powered PC are running Ubuntu and are ideal for CPU Solo Mining a Privacy Coin called NERVA.

:white_check_mark: It is a fork of Monero
:white_check_mark: It is a community lead project. No VC backing, No Company, No ICO.
:white_check_mark: You can ONLY Solo Mine this coin (no pool mining) hence no centralisation risk
:white_check_mark: Fixed Annual inflation of 0.84%. This coin is in tail emission phase.
:white_check_mark: Can be traded on Xeggex & TradeOrge.
:white_check_mark: NERVA is one of the rare PoW coins that is true to Satoshi’s Whitepaper of “1 CPU = 1 VOTE”

On your pNode, you can install the very easy to use NERVA Desktop GUI wallet which has built in One-click miner.

It’s a set and forget miner that is very stable. I’ve been running my NERVA miner on Ubuntu of many 4 months with zero outage, apart for essential Ubuntu security patches that force a restart. It does take a little time to initially sync. But once it’s all in sync, it’s set and forget as it carries out Proof of Work to win a block.

Start privately mining NERVA (XNV) in 5 Steps:

1. Boot your pNode into Ubuntu
    Once you are logged into Ubuntu, remove the Incognito Startup Routines and blockchain databases (free up diskspace)
    Or, you could do a clean install of Ubuntu (whichever is easier).
    Disclaimer: I do not own a pNode so I don’t know the steps in this part.
    @Jared - Can you please provide some instruction / Youtube links?

2. Read the NERVA Desktop Wallet Guide
    Here’s the guide - https://docs.nerva.one/guides/gui/#mining

NERVA-GUI_in_action

1. Download & Install NERVA for Ubuntu
    Here’s the link - https://nerva.one/#downloads
    Unzip the file to your /Downloads folder, then run the “Install” script by typing the following command line into your Linux Terminal:
    ./install

2. Sync your Wallet
    Once the NERVA Wallet is installed you’ll need to give is some time to Sync the blockchain. You will have more than enough space on your pNode SSD for the entire blockchain database.
    If your wallet stalls or take a long time to Sync, click on the menu called “Daemon” and select the option “Restart with QuickSync”.
    Once fully sync’d, be sure to write down your Private Keys (Remember, not your keys, not your coins).

3. Start Mining
    Select the Number of Threads then click “Start Mining” button and away you go.
    TIP: I would set it to use either 2 or 3 threads. Even though your pNode is a Quad Core (4 Cores), I DO NOT recommend you mine using all 4 threads as this may cause over heating.
    I have not used a pNode so I don’t know. You could give it a try, but you’d have to monitor the temperature.

If you have any issues and need some help getting NERVA installed and running on your Incognito pNode, just reach out to their Telegram - https://t.me/NervaCrypto

There will be lot’s of friendly, helpful, privacy-minded folks and a great person that is very helpful and knowledgeable in the NERVA community is @ROBCOD3R

Please consider putting your pNodes to use to help secure the NERVA blockchain which is a Privacy-focused project and you be rewarded in NERVA ($XNV) Tokens.

1 Like

As much as I would love for this idea to work, I am pretty sure the pNodes are headless. I am not even sure they have GPUs, but in any event, they are designed to run ubuntu via Terminal.

The best guide which would be inline with experience running vNodes and pNodes, would be to run the NERVA node via CLI.

I am not a Linux expert so maybe I am wrong about this? But…

Do you have a guide to run this via CLI at the Terminal instead of with a GUI?

A complete reinstall is advised as most pNodes are out of date on the OS.

My OS and BIOS guide is a good readthrough to understand the pNode: [User Guide] Upgrading pNode OS & BIOS

Yes and no. While the pNode was designed to run headless the pNodes were configured with the desktop version of Ubuntu and not the headless server version. The HDMI port can be accessed by popping off the white side panel. See link above for details.

1 Like

Making progress. Ubuntu Desktop installed.

3 Likes

Good Deal. Glad you got it figured out.

I still prefer sever mode. I can manage things from my phone via ssh, so working on a solution for that but without a guide its a bit of extra work