PRV withdraw from Provide

So my last four or five withdraws of PRV have taken over a week from the provide pool.

1. If other people have experience this, please post in response to this message.

2. I’m kind of getting tired hearing that the problem is fixed when I constantly see the posts that other people are experiencing this problem. Can we please have a reliable answer as to why it’s “constantly breaking” or not working in the first place?

1 Like

Hello @Joc,

Provide rewards are paid out by nodes that were spun up on the users behalf. As mentioned in other posts, if someone requests a large amount of PRV then this can cause a bottleneck in the system as Provide operates on a first come, first serve basis.

The withdraw timeline is no secret and should be as follows:

Provide has not had any issues (except bottleneck delays - thus not an issue per se) that I can recall. Occasionally when there are numerous users asking about a lengthy delay the dev team will force nodes to automatically unstake to speed up the process.

You can read other questions users have asked via the following forum post:

PRV is usually pretty quick to withdraw from provide. Usually about a day

1 Like

Yep I agree with you :100: @slabb. In the past it was well under a day. But on this occasion (see my post, link above) it was well over 40 hours and still no sign of the PRV. This is when I got a little concerned.

But thankfully we have the awesome @Jared as part of the community to help explain why this happened. Thanks Jared :pray:

2 Likes

Was the withdrawal for PRV or a different coin? I have found that some take several days while others take a day or less.

1 Like

withdrawing PRV rewards and again 75 hours plus and counting. I am basically used to 36h - 48h as a base but 3 to 5 days are more frequent as of late … withdrawal of BTC recently was very quick but PRV from the rewards is a real drag.

1 Like

Actually I just realized I have a PRV rewards withdrawal also still pending right now too. It’s been 5 days. I almost forgot about it

2 Likes

I’m waiting for 130 PRV for 96 hours and counting and it is happening quite frequently. Is that to be expected as part of normal operation ?

1 Like

I think it’s just like this for now due to a bottleneck

2 Likes

That keeps happening on regular basis every ~other week maybe, I haven’t taken stats but this is hardly an exception.

1 Like

For me it’s usually coins other than PRV that take the longest

2 Likes

I mean I’ve been waiting several times for days (still waiting now since Friday) for the anytime rearwards to be withdrawn, not the provision coins.

1 Like

I am also waiting 3+ days for PRV reward withdrawal. With the high inflation rate of PRV, it is hardly worth the effort to Provide.

1 Like

I changed this back from answered in the subject line, because it very clearly has not been answered, as everyone is still experiencing the same thing as me across multiple withdraws over the past month.

@Jared we need a more detailed explanation and answer to what’s going on. Bottle neck that is consistent over the course of many months when you’re saying it’s sovled is not the right answer.

I don’t know if it is coincidence or in response to my post, but my PRV rewards have now been processed.

1 Like

Asked and answered. First come, first served. If someone requests a large amount of rewards or a large provision, many nodes will need to be unstaked (assuming not enough rewards are available). Unstaking requires that node to enter into committee again before it is unstaked. This is by design and how all nodes operate on the network.

If we see reports of many pending Provide withdraws then the devs will unstake more nodes so that it speeds up the queue. Please keep in mind that there are occasionally reports of rewards pending when they are still within the preset time frame.

I’ve noticed that there are a large uptick in Provide withdraw bottlenecks usually around market volatility, app issues, etc. as some users get uneasy and pull funds. While majority of the time the funds are put back into Provide after things cool down, it still causes that bottleneck.

1 Like

I had my first provision, priv reward, withdraw move quickly again first time in a couple of weeks so that’s good.

2 Likes