(Outdated post) Network Explorer

Mine is stable, I use Docker and the historical run_node script to be up to date. It runs on a “big” server, not sure it could run easily on a small VPS because it uses a lot of ressources.

External integrations actively used: Nomics, Staking Rewards and Coingecko. I’m not sure that Coingecko endpoints are used by the Coingecko team, maybe someone else uses it.

And sad Inccry too.

Mines used to run on my own full node, however, it had too many bugs, so I started to use the community full node for them.

Could you now share the source code?

Every time I see or hear RMS, I just can’t help but think he should have been brought up a Milford man.

1 Like

@Inccry should share the source code for “free”*

1: Totally disagree
5: Totally agree

0 voters

*The team already give you thousands of PRV in the bulider reward programs, as you always end up in the first place. The last two or three months they asked to turn all the projects open-source, and neither you or @Nito did. You know how much the team and the community appreciate your work and you as a person? And, somehow, you are turning into this greedy attitude of forcing them to give you even more money. It feels like a betray from your part.
This is, as far as I can tell, totally horrifying.
Hope you have luck selling it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

They fired the whole growth team but I’m the betrayer, yeah, thank you @J053.

I’ve spent so much time on Incognito, building stuff, helping people and helping Incognito to be more visible. If there is a betrayal, that’s not the one you think.

Good luck to Incognito, I hope you will succeed in bringing privacy to the world, but I’m done here.

1 Like

I understand both @J053 and your points. However, I really hope you do consider open sourcing the code and I hope the team will resume with incscan. But I do understand that you’re not at all required to turn over the source code.

I will note that I was also sad to see the support team let go, however, it does appear it was for good reason.

6 Likes

To be clear, the support and growth teams were not let go because of poor team performance. They were let go because the project shifted focus towards decentralization at ALL costs – including growth and support.

8 Likes

Yes, I meant good reason as in to refocus the project back to it’s core goal(s). The support team was amazing and honestly the face of Incognito to us all.

5 Likes

I feel like every day there is at least one thing emerging to try to stop us from pushing the project forward :D. We’re doing whatever we can to achieve our goal - the fundamentals (privacy and decentralization and basic functional features on Incognito app). Everything else will come later.

Back to the incscan sales, it’s totally his choice but it’s not something to be compromised in my personal opinion. Thanks for the contribution but in return incscan’s owner also got sufficiently for his work I guess (including server cost). We’re just considering building a replacement, probably will start with basic metrics/information first.

Note: we read all your concerns already @J053, @abduraman, @Mike_Wagner, and somebody else. If you need a functional fullnode, we can provide it. Will get back to you guys soon.

10 Likes

functional full node with “websocket support” :slight_smile: @duc

2 Likes

well shit, I use this everyday. This sucks.

6 Likes

That’s sad :cry:

5 Likes

Indeed, very sad.
But quite expected. At least from my perspective.
If I learned anything from the gaming industry, you don’t develop additional features or make crazy changes to a game unless you’ve discussed it with the community first. You always get some haters, but if there is a lot of push back especially from the top streamers etc… and the situation isn’t resolved quickly, people leave, and don’t tend to come back, even when you spent time months later trying to fix it.

The focus was good, execution on the other hand was extremely bad. It’s tough to rebuild.

3 Likes

:green_circle: Service notice :green_circle:

incscan.io will be shutdown by the end of the month of may.
It includes fullnode.incognito.best shutdown too.

7 Likes

What does that strikethroug font means?

1 Like

:interrobang:

I take it to mean that inscan.io won’t be shutdown at the end of the month

6 Likes

:green_circle: Service notice :green_circle:

I’m transfering Incscan ownership to @sid. It means that I’m reinstalling Incscan services on his server and will transfer all DNS/code to him.

The full transfer will take approx 2 months. During these 2 months, I’ll help him and his team about how to manage Incscan and how to improve it.

About fullnode, the new one is accessible at https://fullnode.incscan.io (and wss://fullnode-ws.incscan.io for websocket users like @abduraman).

The new Incscan is already deployed here: https://tmp.incscan.io, it will become the main site in the next few days.

Thanks for all you guys that helped Incscan to be the product it is right now and a very special thanks to @andrey :black_heart:

Finally, good luck to Incognito, I hope you will succeed in bringing privacy to the world.

Au revoir :wave:

12 Likes

@inccry - thank you for the announcement, and more importantly - for everything you’ve done (and are doing) with this product, and the transition.

Over the next few weeks, @inccry and I will work to complete the transfer of the service, the documentation and guidelines for maintenance and support. I will be reaching out to some members of core team initially, and then to the rest of the community when the times comes to start soliciting inputs for continued development of incscan.io

More to come soon, thank you (in advance) for all your support! Let’s make privacy happen! :slight_smile:

12 Likes