Nito FAQ (Telegram Bot)

Still some problems… sometimes not saying it is out of committee, sometimes just the PRV value.

1 Like

Thanks @Stradimarius, others have reported similar behavior, and I’m going to work on getting it fixed.

New users have been reporting issues with notifications. It has been resolved.

The app asks for account name and public key! The only node account/public key is the one created in the wallet when I added my pnode, it has the 10 digit number of the node? Responce from Nitro:
Nito, [21.02.21 15:45]
Sorry, I didn’t find 2653 on the network, please verify you have entered the public key for your node. (Not the validator or private key for example.)

Any idea?

Thanks

There are other pNodes that Nito is tracking, please DM me your key and I’ll take a look.

Account name = whatever you want Nito to call your pNode, ie “Node1”, “PRVrainmaker” or “Steve” (no hyphens, Nito doesn’t like hypens in the name)

Public Key = found in Keychain > Masterless > Masterless keychains > “whatever the account name of the Node is” > :key: > Public key

EDIT: ninja’d by the dev; 0 for 2 tonight

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
It is not clear as to what the account id is referring to, the example of Account 0, suggests that it is referring to wallet account names!
Thank you for clarifying that for me!

Cheers

Thanks for sending me the key, I am not finding it in the network but I notice that the key you sent is 52 characters long. I have only seen public keys that are 50 or 51 characters long. I tried a few searches by looking with just parts of your key but still couldn’t find it that way.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

:fire_engine: :ambulance::police_car: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE :police_car: :ambulance: :fire_engine:

I am taking Nito offline to perform a complete reboot. This is part of work to fix the autonotification feature.

1 Like

Maintenance over, Nito is back up and running!

2 Likes

For the latest on Nito’s status check out https://t.me/nito_announcements

1 Like

Hello, thanks for doing this!

Perhaps a silly question, but is there a difference in meaning between pending with the different smileys or are they decorative?

First i had Pending :eyes: then Pending :nerd_face: and I’m trying to figure out the difference

Also what does pending mean on the diagram in the Validator lifecycle diagram? Is it stage three , i.e. substitute and I could be a validator in two epochs, so in eight hours? In the app i see a gren dot and Waiting

1 Like

It does appear pending is stage three and about eight hours later i get a message my node is now Earning. :innocent:

And first round looks to be a success!!!

1 Like

Hi @curmudgeon, to answer your questions:

• the emoji’s are just decoration
  • while pending isn’t listed on the app, it is one of the statuses on the network. I don’t know if the app will list it in the future or not.
1 Like

Hello. I love the Nito bot you’ve created. I added my second node to be monitored and since Nito has been notifying me every 10-20 minutes when my nodes are pending or when the start validating.

1 Like

Hey sorry about that, can you send a screenshot? I’ll investigate

1 Like

Just thought I’d share…I think Nito bot is the tool I’ve gotten the most value out of next to incscan. Well done.

3 Likes

I’ll have get a cloud service to send them. It only did it with the node I added. It’s been perfect with my original node. Just got excited when I added the second.

That’s not an issue I’ve encountered before, if your cloud service isn’t able to help maybe DM me your public keys and I can investigate why two nodes are receiving different treatment.

1 Like

Nito went down overnight, I’m rolling back to a previous deployment to troubleshoot. Sorry for the inconvenience.