New to incognito, got my Pnode yesterday.

Hello everyone! I am new to the incognito community. I received my Pnode yesterday. I have been listening to the PRV calls (live or afterwards) and reading documentation for the last couple of months in anticipation of my node arriving. I am excited to earn my first PRV and I was pleasantly surprised that the node was so easy to set up. Thanks for having me.
what would be the most important thing you would tell a new validator?
Thanks in Advance.

11 Likes

Welcome to the community @krazykrista! Sounds like there’s not much to tell you as you’ve done reading up on things more than most. Just keep your node plugged in and online. Let us know when you get that first PRV!

5 Likes

I will absolutely let you know, I get pretty excited about things :grinning: My node hasn’t been staked yet, so I am currently waiting for that to happen.

4 Likes

Hi @krazykrista, once you get your pNODE set up, you should download telegram and add @nito_the_bot to your contacts. You can give @Nito commands specific to your pNODE, such as asking for a status update.

5 Likes

Hey @krazykrista! Welcome! I would say the biggest thing to remember is patience. Most people assume their node is just going to make PRV all day every day. Thats not how it works. It can be days or weeks sometimes and then Bam! A bunch at once.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @krazykrista happy to have you in the community

1 Like

Hi @krazykrista, welcome to the validator club :stuck_out_tongue:
I would like to share with you that excited feeling while waiting for the very first PRV earning! Do let us know when you get your first PRV :smiley:

If you have any question/concern about the Node, this category would be much helpful for you: https://we.incognito.org/c/validators.
If you want to chitchat with community, join our Tele: https://t.me/incognitochain

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @phng11 and @nphh glad to have you join the community.

1 Like

I’m already part of your telegram, thanks for the invitation though :grinning:
I have been reading documentation on the project including the node for ty he past couple months! Excited to be here.

I figured I will largely ignore it now that it is all set up and check it maybe once a week. That way I dont get discouraged or obsessed with the frequency but instead get pleasantly suprised!

Will look into it, thank you!

Dont forget to add any PRV you earn to provide so you get interest on it!

4 Likes

Most important things to know as a pnoder:
-You will earn randomly, may earn twice a day or once in a month, this is by design.
-Reinvest any prv you earn in provide, I do this until my node has paid itself. When that happens, I’ll keep reinvesting, but I’ll “play” with it a little more then.
-Withdrawing interest from provide is almost instant.
-Withdrawing from provision in provide can take 1-3 days depending on amount and how many are withdrawing.
-Costs pennies a day to run a pnode, so even if it takes a while to earn it will fund itself and then some.

4 Likes

That is what my plan is also, to take what it is earned and use it to provide.
Thank you for the tips. I look forward to being a part of the community…validator group for a long time.

3 Likes

Welcome @krazykrista really glad to have you <3

2 Likes

@Chucky chuck :heart: always a pleasure darlin

2 Likes

I also have a new pnode yesterday like you and have some trouble when setting my node, but i think you pnode is easy to tracking via Nito app, you can search for it, it already developed by Incognito to track your earning

3 Likes

I have been just checking the node watcher website a couple times a day to see if all is as it should be, it will earn when it does :grinning: glad to be a part of the project!

4 Likes

I’m also new for this community and also have a new pnode last week, but today i just take the first PRV earning, feeling so excited

4 Likes

Gratz! Awesome news kelvin!