Need community help: find the right audience for the new Node Tree?

Ah yes - I believe Jamie meant that we might stop selling the pNode, but existing pNodes will still function as expected, of course :slight_smile:

Thank you for your positivity! Great having you here.

4 Likes

Well, I actually meant producing, because that was what was referred to by the user above my comment.

Stopping production of course directly means no more selling.
As Ning explained, it does not mean we stop support. Those pNodes are a valuable part of our network.

6 Likes

What are the specs of the tree nodes? Is it like a mini computer with special pre-loaded software?

2 Likes

I’ve have two pnodes and other than some teething pains in the beginning have no issues with them. The compact nature of the tree is what intrigues me. Depending on price and ease of installation I would be interested.

3 Likes
  1. Why do/did you want to buy a Node device?I like the idea of empowering privacy in a surveillance world,earning prv sounded good and the Dai sale sounded fair priced
  2. How did you find Incognito? Rob Braxman on YouTube
  3. In your opinion, what is the most compelling feature of Node hardware in general?blue light lol
  4. What about the Node tree is most exciting to you? Multiple nodes and I like the node design and i also like the node tree design… And multiple blue lights
  5. What information about the Node Tree would you like to see, before making a purchase? Price
  6. If you are a currently a Node device owner, would you share this project with others? Who do you think would be most likely to enjoy this product? yes, people looking for a a low cost investment. Unfortunately not many people ik care about privacy. I think if we ever get a logo we should get two stickers with node purchase. Kind of like how Iphones get 2 stickers lmao
5 Likes

We don’t have the confirmation of NODE TREE configuration about CPU, RAM, ROM etc. But there is a topic discuss and update technical you may have interest here: “Node Tree” (multi-pNode set)

1. My upcoming Node Tree purchase is based on the investment aspect. Firm believer in having as many passive income streams as possible.
  2. I found incognito looking for Staking options actually! I came for that, but it’s the project, and community why I stay.
  3. Plug and Plug, easy usability. I am computer savvy enough. I just do not want to tinker if it’s not required!
  4. Honestly, the design and returns from processed transactions.
  5. I would like to know the Specs of the device and the power usage. Power usage is a cost and factors into feasibility if you are looking at node tree purchases as an investment only.
  6. While as of today, I do not own a node… Yes I would recommend it to my friends and family. I really think we need to get those who are “Crypto-Curious” in here! If the node tree can truly function as plug and play (mean verified, tested, reliable with very few reasons a person who has zero experience with node type devices would need help) and can trust the product to do as it claims with little hands on attention needed. This is a huge market, and a device like this is a GREAT way to at least dabble in crypto. We still want to target those who use crypto as an investment vehicle as well.
6 Likes

Same here I also found incognito because I believe in having as many passive income streams as possible. I found incognito on YouTube, did some research, checked the wallet and community out then fell in love with the community and everything incognito stands for. I’ve been a supporter of privacy but have had problems with regular privacy coins with lack of retailers accepting them. Incognito changes all of this and fixes the main pain points I’ve experienced with regular privacy coins. This is why I’m a big supporter of Incognito and PRV. This project is a necessary tool for all of our financial freedom and our physical freedom too.

8 Likes

How much will the node tree cost?

3 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering about. I’d like to make sure I have enough set aside for when it’s available.

@Beau_Smith, @CryptoDabber710
It was mentioned that the Node Tree sections would be individually less expensive than the pNode. No mention has been made of the price for the base/power source.

4 Likes

Thank you @FutureMiner

2 posts were split to a new topic: ROI Stats on Different ways of Staking

Solid, solid stuff, just one point of confusion.
When you say the tree is for prv staking only, what exactly does that mean?
(Does that mean the pnode I have now can “do more” in so much that I earn crypto dust of other coins not just prv on my pnode, whereas the tree will ONLY earn prv rewards?)

The second Node device originally planned was called the Node Pro. The Node Pro was intended to support staking on other blockchains such as ETH 2.0, in addition to Incognito PRV staking.

The Node Tree has supplanted the Node Pro as the next Node device. However it will not support staking on other blockchains. It will only support PRV staking, just as the current Node does.

5 Likes

Ok ok…here is where my head went… :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:…lol…if I may can this all be explained a lil better …pnodes and ptrees and pro nodes…I mean come on people…development is a fluid process and that is good…for the rest of us well it gets a bit confusing sometimes the sudden changes that take place including even what the proper names are of the products…all we know is that they are real cool and we all want them…lol…I just like to know what is exactly that I am wanting…LOL… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Some users who commented before me seemed under the impression the Node Tree would work on multiple chains. That is not the case. It is “just” a stack of current pNodes when it comes to functionality, in a very very very cool outfit.

4 Likes

We need more details on price to find you guys the right audience! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Agree…we can help you participate and possibly fund the cost if there are big price breaks for ordering more.

3 Likes

Perfect, I thought I read here or elsewhere that the individual nodes for the tree will cost less, does that mean that the node tree will individually have the potential to earn less than my current pnode since it (will?) may be cheaper than the pnode?

2 Likes