Need community help: find the right audience for the new Node Tree?

Hello you guys, as you know, we are about to launch the new Node Tree. :partying_face:

Your insight is invaluable to us as we prepare marketing content for the right users looking for this product. Please take a few minutes to answer the questions below and be as specific as possible. Let’s grow Incognito and tell the world that privacy matters!

For Node device owners - present and future:

1. Why do/did you want to buy a Node device?

2. How did you find Incognito?

3. In your opinion, what is the most compelling feature of Node hardware in general?

4. What about the Node tree is most exciting to you?

5. What information about the Node Tree would you like to see, before making a purchase?

6. If you are a currently a Node device owner, would you share this project with others? Who do you think would be most likely to enjoy this product?

For vNode operators only:

1. Why did you decide to go with a virtual node, rather than a node device?

2. How did you find Incognito?

Any other ideas, feedback, or questions welcome. Thank you so much!

26 Likes

I can’t wait to get the node tree.

3 Likes
  1. I bought my node because I believe in the right of privacy for everyone, and because I love crypto. If I could help power a network that brings privacy to people’s crypto like TOR could bring privacy to their internet use, I’m all for it!

2. I originally found Incognito on an ad somewhere, but at the time I thought it was probably another doomed-to-fail gadget. Then I watched a video mentioning it as a side note. I remembered the ad and got curious, so I dug a little deeper and loved the idea.

3. The things that kept me away from mining or running a masternode anywhere are a lack of power/space (ASICS are WAY too loud and hot when you live in a 1-bedroom apartment with 4 people), and a lack of know-how. I was working over 40 hours a week in the hell that is retail. I didn’t have time to EAT, much less study up on how to run a masternode! The small, quiet, and cool plug-and-play option the Incognito Node offered was a game changer.

4. With so many people in my household, there is a dearth of electrical outlets. Space is also at an extreme premium. Being able to stack multiple Nodes on one power/data base would allow me to buy and run WAY more Nodes!!

5. It’s too late, good luck dissuading me, please just take my PRV. Seriously.

6. Already have! I have a miniscule circle of influence right now, but I’m trying. I feel like a LOT of people in both the cryptocurrency space AND the privacy space would love this. Other than those specific groups, one area I think we could focus on is gamers. We are already used to the idea of “in-game” currencies. It’s not a big leap into crypto.

11 Likes

I’m only going to say one thing, the tree should be made to where it is much more durable than the pnode is right now.
Due to shipping and whatever else, I have received two completely or somewhat damaged pnodes, so the tree should be made to be much more durable.
My advice, shock absorbing pads on the sides at the very least.

5 Likes

I’m new here, but the design of this device struck me! I want him! I’m sorry, but I don’t understand his basic function ???

3 Likes

Ha ha ha, you will definitely receive the pre-order link first when it publish ;))

1 Like

Thank you so muc @SynthiaNominae,

This really make me surprise, wow you really a true member of our community. These feedback really help much in our market research.

About new audience of gamer, this is really interesting. However, we are focus more about privacy for cryptos, do you think the gamers have high intention about privacy when use cryptos?

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Dear @Jerry_Watson, I understand your feelling bro.

The aluminum case have it’s beauty and art design, but somehow vulnerable to shipment.

In Node Tree, we have the solution to change not only design but also choose material component and make the corners sock absorbing. Sure you will see the upgrade version in both design and durability.

I wonders about the above question, could you share me some idea about what you think, so that we can help increase our community in the upcoming campaign.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @niki,
Thank you for your interest in Node Tree device.

For more information, Node Tree is a device where you can help set up and provide privacy for the transactions in Incognito chain. And along the way, you can earn PRV coins.

There is an article rather clear you may read more: pNode Staking Mechanism

Thank you.

2 Likes

A high percentage of gamers I know, myself included, are private people. And a LOT of us are very good with economics. We have to be, to keep up with our game-worlds. One easy to see example can be seen in the players of World of Warcraft.

2 Likes

I really do think we should market Incognito as “The VPN for Crypto”. Many gamers have VPN’s for privacy and protection, Incognito offers that as well, a level of protection wrapped within privacy.

2 Likes

Which question specifically, the first one you posed at the beginning? I’ll have to get back to that at another time, I’m exhausted doing twelve hour shifts at the hospital helping out during the crisis. But, I’ll get around to it, brain is just fried. :grimacing:

Quick question, Will the tree be self cooling with fans etc., because stacking on top of each other will trap in heat on the bottom and middle layers. Thoughts on that?

1 Like

I like the simplicity of design and would like to get some for people I know. I also like it is low power, but still earns crypto.

I was on Constant where I saw the staking service, and my involvement grew from there.

Simplicity, that is the primary key, second is that it is low power and not a PoW blockchain, third is that their is a stake provided, so someone can get started easily and upgrade if they wish later, so its a great stepping stone into project, without heavy initial cost or time sink to understand all the pieces.

The ability to have one unit, using 1 LAN port to run 5 nodes is what interest me. Gives me options to scale easier than running multiple servers for vNodes. Down side is the ability to actually see status, and some of the annoyances with the “Fix It” button and not knowing if it is working on not. But those can be addressed, the industrial design and simplicity of use with scalability is a great selling point for me.

Cost, suggested specs for bandwidth. Also an understanding on the expected timeline for network expansion, so there is a better understanding of expected return would also be useful… I would also say something around expected return, or the math that describes chances of selection with number of nodes in network as a variable. I know its not as simple as just random selection, since once you are selected for an epoch, the odds of being selected again is higher, than being selected in the first place.

yes, people who want to get into Crypto, but want a cost effective way to get their feet wet, and having the ability to plug and play in their own home.

Virtual nodes gave me full reward, and I wanted to HODL some PRV, and it was the best way to use it. When the price dropped and Node went on sale, I bought one because the economics of the 35% return made more sense at the time. I already had servers i could use, so the device cost was zero to me, and I already had PRV, so vNodes made more sense. But if I want to expand, and the small annoyances of checking Node status go away, I would much rather invest in the tree than buy more hardware to run more vNodes.

On Constant

5 Likes
  1. Because I am travelling a lot around the world. Thus it would be quite difficult to keep up a physical node.

2. On LBRY in a video from Rob Braxman

[Edited by Support: Removed info to prevent confusion]

5 Likes

Please feel free to share the economics about what where the price breaks can be for producing 1k, 5k, 50k, etc. As I understand it and from other business experience, the initial order quantity is always the hardest part about delivering a physical product.

[Edited by Support: Removed info to prevent confusion]

2 Likes

To clear up some confusion about the functionality of the Node Tree
The Node Tree will support PRV staking only.
The Node Tree will operate as a validator on the Incognito chain.

5 Likes
  1. I would buy a node device to stake $PRV and earn rewards and to SECURE this wonderful decentralized network.
    2.I find out INCOGNITO doing my own research on crypto
    3.Best features that a node must have: low energy consumption, good performance with the future network upgrades, small dimension, nice design, affordable price.
    4.I actually have to check the features of the NODE TREE and what is the difference with the pNODE
    5.Hardware, cost, rewards
  2. we need to reach the privacy community and the Defi community.
    FOR THE PRIVACY COMMUNITY:
    we really need to show INCOGNITO as the best option for privacy and interoperability beetween different chains.
    FOR DEFI COMMUNITY:
    we have a nice DEX with fees so low compared to Ethereum or even Binance chain, we can farm $PRV providing liquidity and in the future we could add a LENDING BORROWING market

PS: actually i don t own any node i m just providing some liquidity to the pool.
i m planning to build my own node or buy or host i will check.
i would like to help RESELLING incognito node tree or p node!

8 Likes

It would be nice to have a side by side comparison of the pnode/tree, also, will the tree supersede the pnode, meaning no more pnodes will be produced because what’s the point?

2 Likes

That is what we are discussing with the team right now. There are currently more pros towards retiring the pNode once the Node Tree becomes available, but who knows.

Information like that, and much more will be posted in a separate post, when the time is right.

Keep in mind we are very enthusiastic, more than proud, and can hardly wait to ship this state of the art device, but it will be some time before we can do that. Until then the pNode will be produced and shipped.

9 Likes

Ok…as for my response to the first six questions for a pnode owner…I kid you not… SynthiaNominae responses…with all due respect if I may…I could not have written out better and almost verbatim my responses would have been the same…thank you to SynthiaNominae for the responses for each one of them is basically my answers to said questions as well…now I do have one concern from the last posting in this string about the team considering retiring the pnodes out there currently among members. That would not be good for well not all members of this community have the resources or deep pockets to purchase an entire Node Tree and well likewise lose their intial purchase investment in the pnodes they currently own. I for instance am such a person. I live on a fixed income and perhaps with time I could save or put the funds away to purchase outright a node tree but it would take time and that is fine but retiring pnodes of which I own one currently would basically destroy my relationship with this community and I hope that does not happen…nuff said… :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes