Josh_Hamon - Nito - a Telegram Bot for push notifications

It is the best feeling to see the pending notification after a long random wait.

1 Like

Testing a notification fix over the next couple of days.

3 Likes

Hey @Josh_Hamon. Any idea why the price of PRV keeps slipping in Nito but not on the Incognito app?

I hadn’t noticed the difference, Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Oh wow. Glad to find this out. I had been seeing the price slip and was concerned. Now I see it’s just Nito bot for some weird reason and the price is actually 20% higher in the app.

What’s up with this?

I messaged @Support when @J053 reported the issues. I haven’t heard back yet. I thought I was grabbing the price via their preferred method but maybe something has changed?

I don’t see your ticket. Please PM me with a link to it.

I added to when I asked about price before, you liked the reply

1 Like

Ah, you’re right. I see it again. I’ve pinged the devs to get you a reply. Sorry we missed that.

It’s like there’s a slow leak. PRV price going down drop by drop…

It’s quite strange, I’ve submitted my code to the devs for their input.

1 Like

A update on the price function:

There isn’t a code issue, there are two fields within the response:

I have to hack’n’slash my way to price, and now it looks like I’m referencing ExternalPriceUSD instead of PriceUSD. I’ve asked why there are these two different fields and how they are calculated. Clearly they have different results. Once I understand the difference, I may update Nito to reflect the other field instead.

What I’ve learned is:

PriceUSD is price calculated on incognito pDEX
ExternalPriceUSD is getting from API of Coin market cap or Coin gekko

Not sure if I want to switch, would most new users first find PRV price from places like coin gecko? Or from the app?

PriceUSD is the what I am looking for. That is what is used in pdex and the value I get for the coin.

Price on coinmarketcap and coingecko is wrong so don’t use it

1 Like

This :point_up:
We have contacted both numerous times to update the coin price to the correct APIs but turns out they don’t reply unless you are trying to be listed.

1 Like

Hey @Josh_Hamon, I’m a huge fan of Nito.
I just noticed that a recent USD Price for PRV is $2.70 shown by Nito.
Not sure where it’s getting that price feed from (I wish it were true - haha)
Thought I’d let you know of this issue.

Probably, it takes the reverse of the price :slight_smile: 1/0.3590 = ~2.78 . So 1 USD = 2.78 PRV.

This must be from Pancake Swap, coin market cap and coingecko average the price of all Dex and Cex where the coin is sold or traded, the concern is that we are incognito, and not listed as Dex.
The only value on which they are based is that of the WBNB/PRV pair of Pancake Swap, which may have a different value from the pUSD(Unified) /PRV pair.

The Bridge INC to BSC is there to stabilize the price, but in certain market conditions, the balance can be unbalanced over a certain period, by the fluctuation of the BNB, the number of swaps, the liquidity on the WBNB/PRV pair, massive sales or purchases during periods of pump or dump of the BNB etc…
And all the external events that do not exist in our private sphere :sunglasses:.

Elon Musk’s tweets, the Fud and the sarcasm of all its corrupt journalists who get paid to make rain and shine on the blockchain !

I :heart: the above statement by @CryptodroiD.
But that said, @Josh_Hamon, can you look into why Nito is still showing “PRV price (USD) is 2.7000” for the last 2 days. Perhaps the incognito team can provide a more reliable feed so the price doesn’t fluctuate based on pump/dump of BNB.

1 Like

I do have a solution to use the app calculated price, I just need time to implement it.

1 Like