Join the Privacy Quest, earn prizes (up to 1 BTC)

Wrong or right should always matter!
If these fees where known at the start I would understand your argument, but they were introduced after we had already chosen to play.

Imagine I told you that you would get a $100 cash prize for running a marathon. Thinking this is a pretty good deal you start running, then when there are only a few minutes to the finish line I inform you that it will cost $120 to claim your $100 price. You are obviously upset, but I tell you that you have no reason to be upset because you can simply stop running.

This is what you are essentially saying.

5 Likes

I concur with the sentiment here. It sounded like, it was worth finding the QR codes and scanning them. But with the hassle of buying PRV to spin the wheel with a very low probability of winning a 1BTC is not justifiable with friends and family.

It would have been a great marketing play if it was done right, even if the prices were of a much lower amount.

I tend to believe that the last-minute addition (or lack of communication) of the spin fees would have created hatred towards Incognito(which is well understood from a lot of posts here) among a lot of people creating a feeling of wasting their time scanning the codes that are not worth it at the end of the day.

That aside, I personally loved the Quest and I’m ok with costs. I hope, the team is a bit a more careful with their new ventures. I’m a pro-privacy person.

8 Likes

Are the prize payouts still bogged down? I won two lottery tickets about 2 days ago, but I have only had one come through so far.

Most likely yes, I’ve been also receiving rewards from two days ago today but we just have to be patient since there’s a lot going on so it is pretty normal that it takes a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Context matters is what I would like to say.

Unfortunately, your story doesn’t fit as no one was promised a prize. People were promised a chance to win a prize. That promise is still in tact.

Ok… Splitting hairs a bit. While you are technically correct (the best kind of correct!) the point is still valid.

2 Likes

We were in fact promised a prize. The price was 1 spin per QUEST, we did not get that, instead we got the option to buy 1 spin for 0.08 PRV.

Even though not every spin will win 1 BTC there is still an average/expected value for each spin. People spent the time looking for the clues because they expect the QUEST tokens to give them one free spin.

If my example was instead that running the marathon would give you a 10% chance at winning $1000, but you had to pay $120 to get that 10% chance that wouldn’t really make a difference, my point still stands either way.

Honestly the fact that you are in full defensive mode and refuse to have a logical discussion about what could have been done differently is even worse than the changes that was made in the first place. Just admit that you screwed us over, and promise to do better next time.

2 Likes

Let’s not waste each other’s time.

1 Like

Man people are up in arms about this .08 PRV lol. Trading fees on any other exchange aren’t even questioned, and sure a heck of a lot higher. Like…a lot. Could that fee been announced up front? Sure. But is it a ridiculous amount? Absolutely not. If people are drawing their line in the sand about this, I honestly don’t know what to say. The crypto world is an unforgiving wild west world. If you cant handle this small misstep, you shouldn’t be in the crypto game.

5 Likes

As I see, the discussion is not about fee. It’s about some values such as keeping promise, justice, honesty, transparency, and respect. Your point is where some people who do not mind these values come in the end. By doing that, in fact, you look down on those people. Anyway, personally, as I said, since I had no expectation, I had no frustration. It was just fun for me. Although @aaron didn’t apologize, he was kind. Upon that post, that’s why I wrote my sincere and humble opinions to defend some disappointed people. However, today everything changed. I’m really frustrated. How come a few team members can insist on rude/uncivilized behavior and how come the team can accept this? So disappointed.

6 Likes

You have a serious attitude problem and shouldn’t be allowed to speak to the public on behalf of incognito…

2 Likes

So - I have 2 questions that I couldn’t find answers to: are there more quests coming? And - If not, how long do we have to use our spins before they are no longer good for the wheel? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Hey @MrBungle, yes, there are more quests will be added to the game. We plan to have new chests on weekly basis.

4 Likes

Cool - I just remember seeing somewhere that an early winner will get the bitcoin, I don’t wanna miss my opportunity to get possible lottery tickets from my earned spins. I haven’t yet gotten any PRV tokens in order to make my spins, I haven’t had any time to get into setting all that up yet

AH, I see. So I think here are some useful posts for you:

I won 1 lotto ticket, it’s showed complete but how can I find it in my asset?

Please add the BTC Lotto token (verified one) to your asset list. Once the reward distribution’s done, you will see the lotto ticket lands in your list. :blush:

Note: make sure that you’re checking the correct keychain where you’ve been playing the game in.

2 Likes

hi @Pseudonym, @detved, @abduraman, @thriftinkid, @taruneldho and everyone involved in this discussion, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

here’s a follow up from the team. we will be covering spin fees for legitimate players from the prelaunch.

12 Likes

I noticed that the currency options to purchase a node in app do not include the NODE token - I know only 1 has been won so far but it is this something that will be updated soon?

1 Like

Thank you - helpful information, but I’m still trying to figure out when the deadline for a chance to win the prizes are. Specifically- when exactly will the bitcoin lottery be held? Thanks again!

1 Like