Can we make a poll on the new logo?

Yup, well said, but one addition, I think the fed is only “pretending to think it’s cute” and they are ramping up to invade the space and take control of aspects of crypto transactions and blockchain tech. They already are using blockchain tech just differently. It’s only a matter of time until they infiltrate and start requesting crypto 1099s. I don’t understand the technology side of things well enough, but I know from a political side of things whatever people do, the gov wants a cut.

4 Likes

I’m not sure the right way to create a decentralized logo but maybe it’s a DAO project so it might be a little more open? This current one and the all black one don’t read as professional the way the previous one did.

As others have said, the meaning behind a name and the logo are very important.

For me ‘Incognito’, ‘Black Hole’ or anything of this genre promotes the wrong message.

You do not want to suggest any connotations of being dodgy, dark, mysterious, illusive etc. as it promotes mistrust.

We need a solution that is engaging, obvious what it is / means and has the contrary message to my previous comments above.

I appreciate the whole concept of this is about anonymity - that’s appealing. Who after all wants everyone to know what their crypto finances are!? It just needs steering carefully to make sure a positive outcome prevails.

I would suggest some money is allocated to do this as the professionals can give us a least a good starting position to move from.

Hope that helps?!

1 Like

Incognito is supposed to be a community run project.

I suggest:

Someone puts together a proposal to design a new brand identity for incognito

They provide 5-7 options

The community votes on favorites

The new brand identity is adopted

No need for a dao because there is a mechanism to get funding for projects already.

1 Like

@davoice321 @ojb34240 @Josh_Hamon @Joe_Moffett @Danthefrog @Ssmccul @Dog @ELDAD @J053 (sorry, cant mention more from this thread)

I had another idea:

What if we initiate our own independent Incognito brand as a community?

What I mean is: we already created something like a landing page for Incognito. @inccry builded the main information source of the community. We aim to create the first web-wallet and even forking the mobile wallet is possible.

My point is: we could use whatever design we like to and agreed on, while the core team could continue to act like they disappeared.

We could even start an unofficial Telegram channel with a high-res beautiful logo.

4 Likes

Hahaha, I agree! I don’t have much knowledge in making huge apps, but I’ll denifitely help building such new app.

2 Likes

Don’t misunderstand me, I am not talking about an independent community or some kind of additional group.

What I pointed out is: we have the power to make Incognito look like how we like(ed) it.

It’s doable.

• Preserve & improve the legacy brand
  • Build a new brand together
  • Accept the current situation

0 voters

3 Likes

I guess this is doable, but I wonder if it is better to funnel this into the official channels, this way there is less confusion in the marketplace

The community voted and the message is clear.

@davoice321 We could make the legacy brand “more official, than the official” as the official brand now nonexistent. This is a weird situation, I know. The outer world, the “markets” will not be confused as they will only see one brand.

1 Like

The first one with the blue hue, gosh that is gorgeous

5 Likes

tbh, as long as I’m making money idc what the incognito dev team is doing. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, but also don’t feed the hand that bites you

5 Likes

Lol soo true, I know a like would have sufficed, but yes, I agree, but I think the beauty of this is they appreciate our input!

3 Likes

It is weird to start a community brand.

This project is community driven, and as far as I can tell they are doing a great job. They listen, they even cheer when they hear an idea for the 5th time. What more can you ask for?

Community driven, doesn’t mean community controlled. I am sure they follow this post and will use what they think is valuable.

6 Likes

Incognito aims to be a community-driven project. I don’t bite anyone, just playing my part as a pro-active community member.

I don’t like those crypto communities where everyone admires the core team until they turn a profit, then blame all ■■■■ on them if the chart turns red.

But I think ours are different.

Protecting an investment is just as important for me as making it. Saying you don’t care about it is weird to me.

@Dog it is! I believe the 1.87 / 5 community feedback on the new logo is valuable.

Currently the poll doesn’t reach 51% of preserving the legacy brand, so I will not push this forward.

4 Likes

I don’t like when a community thinks their ideas are law and can’t be vetoed.
I also like ice scream.
We are all different.

There is a lot I haven’t read yet, but it seems we would be better off, focusing on use cases instead of logos.

2 Likes

I respect you opinion, although we are talking about the wider opinion of the community, not specific ideas.

This thread is about the black void you see on the top-left corner, if you read further you will see other topics where we focus on economics, features & roadmap etc.

5 Likes

You do what you have to do.

These are beautiful. I think I like the second one the best but the first one with the blue is also great, I’m torn.

From @raz:

Frame 3

Wow. Can we use this please? :grin:

6 Likes

I love PRV but the new logo looks like pee pee.

4 Likes

Lol like Pied Piper

4 Likes