[Complete] The whole system paused for scheduled maintenance (July 31, 13:00 to August 1, 13:00 Eastern Time)

I believe there is a little delay from the backend of Google services until this update is pushed to users.

I’d advise everyone else to continue checking back every hour or so. It will show up eventually.

Try two or three times with “open”

Update: it works for me now. I see the “update” button on Google Play! I’m going to wait to convert my coins from V1 to V2, until after the full migration is complete.

1 Like

“provide” is disabled?

Staking funds are safu?

We’re still waiting for the update to be available for iOS users too before re-enabling all features (including Provide) on the app.
FYI: the update has been pushed out on the App Store a few hours ago but still not available yet. Stay tuned, will keep you guys posted once it completes.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is another update for the maintenance,

The platform has been upgraded successfully. Android users can now update the latest version from Google Play, all features have been unpaused too. For iOS users, please be patient, we released the app on App Store over 4 hours ago, but it’s still pending, probably it will need a few hours more to be rolled out, stay tuned.

Feel free to reach out to us @Support if you have any questions or problems.
Thanks so much for your support!

5 Likes

iOS version now updatable. I converted my balances quite easily. A little nerve racking wait for the BTC to convert! PRV is almost instant but the BTC take about a forever 30 sec…

3 Likes

Looks like the update is complete! I backed up my private keys (good reminder as my masterless old keys are actually different than what I had saved. I almost clicked out of it but thought I should double check anyway!). Most of my funds are saved using seed word but I highly recommend everyone double check their backups nonetheless.

Is there anything to be aware of to convert from privacy v1 to v2 coins? Any downsides? Any upsides?

1 Like

Is there a new min iOS version requirement? I cannot update the app on my iPhone 6, which runs iOS 12.5.4.

It would be a very good idea to give advance notice of such huge changes. I was 48hs without the app, plus what it took Apple to enable the update. Then you gave me the scare of my life when I saw the balance in zero. a newsletter telling what to do when entering the new version would have been ideal. I can see that you like keeping us in the dark. I’m still shaking because of the fright, maybe I’ll leave the platform.

1 Like

Hi @marko and @Denyse_Ayra,

This topic explains why balances are zero, how to get them back by coins conversion and breaking changes in Privacy V2. Sorry for these inconveniences (unexpected App Store delay and zero balances), we should have a better preparation and a clearer explanation to mitigate any unnecessary scary/worry. That’s totally my bad.

3 Likes

I did some testing after the upgrade. I converted coins, did a pdex trade, and attempted unshielding.

1. An obvious bug is that the PDEX did not execute what I had ordered. It was 10% difference. My confirmation screen was trade X for “at least” Y but I did not receive this in my wallet, nor did the transaction details appear correct if I check my transaction history. I used the “pro” and set slippage to 0.1%. I was OK with what I confirmed in the app but that’s not what happened behind the scenes. The transaction should have failed rather than giving me less than the minimum amount I ordered, if my slippage was too tight. Instead the trade was successful at 10% less than I asked for, which is more than the default slippage.

2. I noticed that unshielding can only be paid in PRV (not using a native coin like USDT). This could be intentional or temporary, so I won’t classify it as a bug like #1.

3. Loading the incognito app takes significantly longer. It’s probably the slowest loading app I’ve experienced on my phone. It was slow before (maybe 3-5 seconds) but it’s a good 8-12 seconds now. FYI.

1 Like

Hi @marko,

Thank you for your opinion. Let me answer your concerns.

Can you give us the trading transaction you made? We’ll take a look into it.

In Privacy V2, all fees are paid by PRV (just like when you use the Ethereum network), and it is intentional.

We’ll try to improve the app performance in the next updates.

1 Like

Regarding the slow app loading, let me elaborate a bit more. The new version takes longer to load compared to the previous version is because we change the ways to encrypt and decrypt user’s keys on the app by introducing an extra step in these encrypt/decrypt processes to make it more secured. Thats why you see its slower when openning app now. Anyway, this is a thing we need to improve in next releases.

3 Likes

Hey @marko,
I noticed the same and got worried a little bit to see my keys have changed (in my case starting from around mid-way onwards within the string of characters). Then I saw this in @duc’s announcement post:

" New Base58 Encoding

With Privacy V2, you will see that your keyset will be slightly different in its representation due to the change in the base58 encoding algorithm. This change is for compatibility with other library implementations. The blockchain accepts both of the encoding algorithms, so users DO NOT have to worry about their old key being unusable"

Hope this adds clarity for you and others who may be stumped like me at first!

5 Likes

I don’t like this for unshielding since those fees are so high compared to internal network fees. Now, after/before each unshielding, I should buy PRV with some amount of my assets to be unshielded to keep my accounting more manageable. Another manual step. At least, could you provide us with showing BTC/ETH/USDT etc. equivalent of PRV fee in Shielding and Unshielding screens?

1 Like

I would hope if users trade on the Incognito platform that they already hold some amount of PRV. Requiring users to pay fees in PRV means Incognitos coin has functionality thus hopefully boosting stability.

3 Likes

Never mind, I was able to update the app today.

2 Likes