The Incognito Academy – a content hub for all things Incognito and privacy

I agree. The aim is to also develop content beyond just Incognito and like you’ve mentioned, also touch on privacy in general.

The current goal as of now is to repurpose existing content and organise them into something that will hopefully make it easier to navigate and consume. But any help with additional content is always welcomed and greatly appreciated - I will reach out to you via PM soon to speak more about what you have in mind.

In the meantime for everyone else, I’m trying to get a better idea of anyone’s experience when first learning about Incognito, or privacy for crypto?

What were the important questions you wanted answered? Are there any questions the existing content repository doesn’t already cover?

Would appreciate any feedback.

1 Like

Are you still working on this?

1 Like

Interesting, but seem like no one discuss it anymore

Yep, I mentioned wanting to create something like this in May. Then this one showed up so I thought I’d give it a rest. Need to be sure we are not wasting time on doing the same thing, in different ways most likely but still.

2 Likes

Look forward to The Incognito Academy

I like your idea a lot since I’m really new to this community.
And about your questions for newbies.

What kind of questions were asked? What are the topics you think should be covered for beginners?

I think it would be great add some really really beginners questions such as:
What is “cryptocurrency”?
What is a “blockchain”?
How does it work?
What does Incognito has to do with this?

And so on.
I hope this Incognito Academy becomes a thing!

3 Likes

The Incognito has a youtube channel, I think they can create a playlist as Academy, it will be a great content hub for old and newbie

2 Likes

I’d like to tag our own YouTuber @elena to consider about this idea. :grin:

1 Like

Yep, some great vids are out there already. The issue is not so much about publishing content, but more about a format that will actually be used.

Written text has already been proven not the way to go.
Did you yourself watch the vids of the Incognito channel? If so which ones?

I think your dictionary is pretty awesome. As you said maybe too much text is not the way but a little concept accompanied with links that have more in-depth details could be an option like current posts in the incognito blog and videos like suggested by @Hapaku :grin:

1 Like

Hey @Hapaku it’s a great idea! But I agree with Jamie, first of all we need to decide about the format.

However, soon there will be more videos on our youtube channel, including the educational ones.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for youtube videos, feel free to DM me :blush:

It’s a great idea, I followed ur channel but it looks like just have 1 video per month

As an Academy, I suggest we have more ‘teacher’, not only Elena but also other core teams can be the teacher for what they expert

Hey there, as you can see that the videos have people introduce or talk about 1 topic always get higher engagement, and it’s easier for newbie to follow too.
also you can split the screen into 2 frame and same size, then we wont feel we re watching robot talking, more trustful and interesting.

like this one?

Yes! I see The Academy as a mix with that post with your Dictionary accompanied with Incognito Chain videos :slight_smile:
I know it may sound like a “so you’re telling me to re-do everything?” but no :sweat_smile: I see it more as a complementing the information that already is here in only one space.
Sorry I’m pretty bad at explaining but just trying to share my idea as well in case it makes sense for someone :heart:

1 Like

No problem. I actually have other plans because, despite the effort, what has been done so far is not working. A redo of what is here is inevitable. Simply grouping it together won’t help.

I agree with @Jamie that a reshuffle of existing info won’t be enough and having something better will be important for efficiency in educating people and accommodating different learning preferences. A couple thoughts in terms of a solution that I think are important:

1. Allow for people to have a mixture of content (text/screenshots/video).
  2. Allow for having a learning progression so people can see progress and only spend time where they want. Having content in digestable chunks so it can be done based on time available and easily resumed later.
  3. Have the ability to select educational material based on your level of experience and learning objectives (e.g. background on privacy, just want to use Incognito wallet, want to develop as an Incognito builder)
  4. Keep content current so when a feature changes it is clear what sections of the academy needs to be updated for those that are contributing to the content. Nothing is worse as a new learner than wasting time learning with material that is out of date!

Clearly some of the above are “nice to haves” but I think it is important to have a solution that can be built out as the amount of material increases, those able to contribute increases, and number of features added otherwise it becomes a pain to maintain and a pain for the user to use. Content on YouTube is helpful, but I think that there are better more comprehensive solutions.

1 Like

I think it will be better to make a separate section of the website called “Academy”.

We could then divide into TOPICS
binanceacademy

Users then could post their own tutorial and guide and get tips with PRV or even get paid (5$-50$) if they done a great job!

The reviews that don’ t get interest will be deleted, so users will decide what material they want and publishers can have some returns on their time!

1 Like

Yes @Katoshicoins, I think it is important to make sure that people are incentivized to create content and reward them for their time spent!

As for simply creating another section of the website for the Academy, I wonder if this just adds more confusion and more content that is hard to track for making updates when Incognito changes, or just a firehose of information for a new person coming to the platform.

Do people think that something like a LMS (learning management system) would be helpful for Academy? Or is this overkill for what is desired/useful?

1 Like