Sunsetting Incognito

Hi @acidburn, if you (like many of us here) believed in what Incognito stated in there post at the very top :point_up:
“Privacy is a Fundamental Human Right” , and
you value Financial Privacy for future generations to come, and
you’re looking to opt-out of a world run by banksters CBDCs…

then you should DYOR into a project that aims to be sound digital money called - Epic Cash.

Epic Cash is dubbed “Bitcoin’s Twin” with Privacy at its core.

Here’s what makes Epic unique and special…

:white_check_mark: Fixed Supply (21 Million - exactly how Satoshi wanted).
In fact the Epic Cash Whitepaper aligns with Satoshi’s Whitepaper.

:white_check_mark: Always-On Privacy using Mimblewimble (a more advanced technology than what is used in Monero, Zcash, Zano and Firo)

:white_check_mark: No ICO. No VC. No Corporate Backer. No Gov grants or funding.
This project is by the people, for the people. Everyone working on Epic Cash is a community volunteer.

:white_check_mark: Unconfiscatable & Censorship resistant
Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum and the thousands for other Blockchains, Epic Cash is not a transparent blockchain. NO Transaction Information and NO Wallet Addresses are stored on-chain.
If the blockchain was ever to be 51% attacked, no useful data will be exposed to the hackers E.g. they won’t see any “whale” wallet addresses that they can target to drain.

:white_check_mark: Unlike many PoW coins like Bitcoin & Monero, Epic Cash is protected not by a single algo but 3 x Proof-Of-Work algorithms.
Epic Cash uses a unique Polyphasic Proof-of-Work algorithm design for anyone to participate in mining. It is the MOST inclusive mining protocol.
Epic Cash can be mined using

• CPUs (via RandomX algo),
  • GPUs (Progpow algo) and
  • ASICs (via Cuckatoo algo).

For an attack to occur the hacker would need to 51% attack 3 algos simultaneously.

:white_check_mark: Quantum Computing resistance is available (but not yet implement).
Because of the superb foresightful of the Epic’s Devs, the Polyphasic POW (mentioned above) allows for additional algorithms to be added at anytime.
The Devs are already testing the addition of a Quantum Computing resistant algo called Crystals-Dilithium.

:white_check_mark: Scalable - Unlike Monero, the entire blockchain (ALL transaction since going mainnet in 2019) fits on a smartphone.
The full chain is currently under 5GB and it will self-optimised overtime to remain around this size due to a technology called Cut-through (part of the Mimblewimble code base).

If you value Privacy then, here’s an Epic Cash Getting Started guide…

1. Download a mobile wallet
  1. Visit Epic Cash Faucet to claim some free $Epic - https://giverofepic.com

2. Buy more $Epic from a Non-KYC exchange called Vite DEX - https://x.vite.net/trade?symbol=EPIC-002_USDT-000

3. Join our Telegram Group and meet other like-minded Privacy focussed people from all out the world and see how you can advance the project as we are at war with the the elites, banksters and governments that want to strip us and our children’s children right to privacy.

Please DYOR on EpicCash.com website and join the Telegram Group
https://t.me/EpicCash

1 Like

FYI: A collection of privacy oriented projects

Please send 1 PRV so I can withdraw my funds:

12shXCvt1Wez4JUTS5PLSQFKx4wriNYMAVFBU4VpcwSgyjnW8pZWS7XFbiHGM4fgwGxd4KYGwtkQ4o1icNQwkcQc2Md7auCNcvL2CRHq36ajjfMM61WYY9VWskJbYt6eAkBw7RQAqZ9yCciX3mUF

My assets are in staking. How do I withdraw?

This is the current liquidity. I created a bot that will send it.

1 Like

Thanks for the list about @Stonked :pray:

I too am into Privacy Coin projects as I truly believe “Privacy is a basic human right” and given what has happened to Tornado Cash and now Samurai Wallet, privacy project are under attack. We all need to take this very seriously and invest our energy and time in projects that maintain this basic human right.

I mentioned Epic Cash in my previous reply-post above in this thread.

Here are a few other Privacy focussed projects that I’m also looking into:

• FIRO - https://firo.org
    This is a PoW + PoS stake project. They recently launched Lelantus Spark upgrade which now provide private addresses. But they have also implement exchange addresses that have transparency so as to comply with the SEC and CEX (Exchange Rules). Hence, this coin unlikely to be booted from Binance and other CEXs anytime soon.

• WOWNERO - https://wownero.org
    If you are into Memecoins, but want 100% privacy, then you will be interested in this DOGE-inspired Monero forked coin. The major difference between Wownero and Monero is Wownero has a fixed supply (no tail emissions). It uses a slightly different PoW mining algorithm that makes is Solo Mining only thus eliminating the possible centralisation that occurs through Pool Mining.

• ZANO - https://zano.org
    They are moving toward being 100% PoS. Earlier this month they had a successful Zacarnum hard forked. This was to upgrade their network to support “confidential assets” that leverage the Zano blockchain. This mean watch this space as new and existing projects could launch on Zano with 100% base-layer privacy.
    The recent hardfork also implemented “Confidential Staking” meaning, when you run an online staking wallet, the amount you have staked is not visible on-chain. You stake in full privacy and this is a “First” in the crypto space.

• NERVA Currency - https://nerva.one
    This is a fork of Monero with one major difference, PoW Solo mining only. This lives up to Satoshi’s Whitepaper “1 CPU = 1 Vote.” It is at Tail Emission phase hence tokens have been fully issued and now has a 4% fixed inflation rate.

• EPIC CASH - https://epiccash.com
    If you truly value privacy, you need to DYOR on this project. Read my post above :point_up:on Epic.
    It closely aligns to Satoshi’s Whitepaper - Eg. Fixed Supply of 21 Million
    It uses advanced MimbleWimble tech different to that used in Monero, Wownero, Zano, Firo & Zcash.
    It has No Corporation backing, Did NOT have an ICO, No Government grants, No Venture Capital funding. It is free from any shackles.
    The founder of Epic Cash has stepped down thus handing the project (that is fully open source) over to a community of Freedom Loving, Privacy focussed volunteers.
    It is a project that was create by the people for the people.

FINAL WORDS
It is indeed sad that Incognito is sunsetting. But a heartfelt thanks to the Core Dev team that have worked so hard on this project. I’ve seen it evolve and improve over the years.

I first heard about Incognito 5 yrs ago and I was listening to the monthly PRV Holders calls with Andrey and Elena back then before I decided to invest. What caught my attention were the pNodes. I was not a technical person, so the idea of plug-n-earn was very appealing.

However, I missed out buying a pNode as the core team ran out of stock and stopped production as the team were prototyping the infamous next generation “Node-Tree” - Need community help: find the right audience for the new Node Tree?

If it wasn’t for Incognito, I would never have learn how to run and manage a Node on Linux. I had never installed Ubuntu before. I was forced down this path as I saw a bright future for Incognito and wanted to run a node, but because I couldn’t buy a pNode I went down the path of building my own vNode (Virtual Node).

I have learnt a tremendous amount from many of you (you know how you are).

You can read all about my adventure in this post on this forum - Step-By-Step: How I built a Virtual Node on World's Smallest Mini PC

I owe this project a debt of gratitude. :pray:

I’ve enjoy the many years of discussions with folks in this community such as @duc @Rocky @Jared @brico84 @khanhj @abduraman @Josh_Hamon (Nito Bot creator) @Chucky @sid Jamie fitz_fiat zes333 raz doc annie ojb34240 jayce-incognito not to forget the old Growth Team Andrey and Elena. (Sorry, I can’t tag all of you, too many to mention…)

Community is everything with Crypto projects so I hope you all continue your crypto journey into all this Privacy-related.

Don’t be disheartened that Incognito is sunsetting. It’s unfortunate that they were unable to decentralise enough of the core infrastructure.

But with that said…
We MUST ALL keep on fighting the good fight against those that want to take away out human right to Privacy.

Please consider looking into other privacy coin projects. Join their Telegrams groups and/or community forums so you can meet other like-minded people.

Let’s keep on fighting my Brothers and Sisters as the battle continues against those that are trying to rid us (and future generations) of our human right to Privacy.

Let’s continue to search for and support Privacy Crypto projects as an alternative to an Orwellian world full of censorable CBDCs.

Peace and Love to you all. It has been a fun ride.

7 Likes

I saw something yesterday about locked PRV being released - I just want to check if that was done yet, because mine is still locked (I also have a provision withdrawal pending if that matters). I know things are crazy, so if it wasn’t done yet I understand - just want to make sure I’m not the last one lol

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @incognito team (fyi @Jared),

Given that there are so many issues being reported about people having trouble withdrawing / unshielding etc largely due to the fact many don’t have any PRV to cover the fees.

Given that PRV is $0 (or going to ZERO fast) why don’t you make the fee 0.0000 PRV, in other words, make it fee-free transactions.

This should alleviate a lot of the pain and frustration being experienced.
What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

App isnt working and is gone from app store i cant do anything and would like to get things removed from my wallet into btc

have you looked into Cryptotab? they let u mine btc and have a wallet earning 6% intrest

Thanks for the suggestion @duke500, however, BTC has zero privacy.
The powers that be have shut down Tornado Cash and Samurai Wallet which tried to give BTC users some level of Privacy.
The BTC Core Developers don’t seem to be innovating in the area of privacy, hence it is not a priority.

With that all said, I am not touching BTC.

I don’t even want BTC if someone was to give it to me free because it could be tainted coins that was once held by a convicted terrorist and then your wallet with all your BTC gets locked up and confiscated (like what happened to the Canadian Truckers that were part of the Freedom Convoy movement (remember that).

I don’t want that risk and I this was brough brough to my attention by @Izlo who helped teach me about the importance of Privacy.

I much prefer to mine and use Bitcoin’s Twin called Epic Cash which has Always-On privacy.

Thanks Jared, here’s mine:

12scc39ZPYgMBs28M5GuKNETuX261PPrXj2C6WyXBJLkjn4f2XnYKSpaYSLvZ2bF376Lcki5VwUz82ZFimMrDJjLLtCSxGrJF9i6Gb8Su4u9CoMsDjZkP1GW1rh6ZMFQg3VJFWwX8EoGibwkNHN7

well things be crazy but hope u look into this i can send u a few refural links

At least state those considerations because privacy networks are getting banned and privacy related coins are being de-listed. This was a great service for moving XMR, not a wise decision unless another project will replace incognito. Like I said, provide more information as privacy is being dismantled…

@ShootAnyAngle @anonymonious we just sent some PRV to your provided addresses, please check your balance.

@yoo removing term lock for staked PRV hasn’t been done yet, we will definitely let you know once it’s done.

@Linnovations It’s grateful for the community to still have you here with the long posts to help others. Thank you again for everything :pray:. Re. your suggestion about fee-free transactions, unfortunately, it would be a network upgrade and take time for the majority of network validators to update the change.

2 Likes

This was really the best project in crypto. I wish it would have caught on instead of the infinite number of Memecoins we get. Does this also mean the end of the Layer-2 plan? Incognito 2024: Technical Roadmap

4 Likes

I tend to use nonkyc. I can’t remember using T.O. Had a look at both sites now. T.O. lists withdrawal as 0.1 (0.1 x ccx?). Nonkyc lists withdraw fees as 35ccx (~1usd).

I’ve found ccx prices better on nonkyc than Pancake. nonkyc trade ladder thin, so buying even low volume moves price. However nonkyc price is still better than Pancake. Pancake is ca a whole cent more expensive for any volume.

1 Like

Hi, sad news… It is getting harder and harder to maintain some privacy these days, especially when money is involved.

Anyways I still have some ZEC in my Incognito wallet and when trying to sent them out it says that ZEC address is not valid. I’ve tried 2 different addresses, which both are valid ZEC addresses. Any ideas?

1 Like

Try listing on an exchange so you can enjoy one last pump!

1 Like

Since PRV is $0 and will be worthless, how about airdropping 1 PRV to everyone’s account to cover fees?