[Solved]BTC Shielding ended with insufficient amount

Shielded ended with insufficient amount, now the BTC are lost! I sent them from an exchange, how can I recover them??

Send a message directly to @ support and let them know what happened. Provide them with all the information you have. They will instruct you how to recover your funds.

Thanks!

1 Like

Be sure to read the screens carefully before performing any transaction. The minimum amounts, in case they apply, as well as the “use only once” and the time window are all stated in the shield/deposit screen.

4 Likes

I did the same thing. Fortunately, it was a small amount to test the process. It’s not worth the hassle to get it back. I’ll look somewhere else.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Dagwood… :sunglasses:

What made you miss the Minimum amount phrase on the shielding screen? Any thoughts on how to improve that?

2 Likes

Might be best to have the app catch how much is attempting to be submitted and block anything under the predetermined threshold. I know it should be enough for users to read but we should consider not even allowing this action in the first place.

3 Likes

There is no way to block that, as the sending part takes place on an external chain which has no knowledge of Incognito requirements. Sending it back can be troublesome in some scenarios but moreover would include fees higher than the amount sent.

People need to read. Maybe a popup should be displayed “I know I need to send more than 0.001 BTC, otherwise my funds are lost” and then a Confirm button.

Ah you’re right. I was thinking of internal transfers.

This is definitely another case of people not reading all instructions beforehand.

1 Like