(Resolved) Provide withdraw pool

To your knowledge, does the provision of dual sided liquidity also require manual intervention or is it only a provide thing?

I honestly didn’t realise that withdrawals from provide required manual intervention.

1 Like

Hi, do you know if the unstaking process is also manual for dual sided deposits?

What makes you think it is about you? You are the ridiculous one.

@FFa normally they don’t require manual intervention all the time. There is a floating amount of PRV that is used for withdraw so it doesn’t take that long I believe. There was just an abnormal amount of withdraws and small amounts that clogged the system from what I’ve read. This requires the team to manually unstake nodes, and i believe many were on holiday this weekend. These nodes are what help pay out the provide section normally. As to your second question, im not sure. Maybe @Jamie knows.

3 Likes

Hi @andrey, I was unclear about the stake withdrawal process and didn’t realize that unstaking can require manual intervention to clear funds from nodes.

Is the situation the same with staking double sided liquidity on incognito? Ie. If I provide ETH-PRV liquidity pair, will manual unstaking from nodes be required to clear funds? Thanks for your help.

hey @FFa if you provide double side liquidity via ADD functionality, you interact directly with the chain. It’s not required any kind of confirmation from anyone (similar design as you can see on Uniswap or other AMM based DEXs)

Looks like there is some confusion in terms of understanding the difference between ADD and Provide, @aaron is going to make a comparison article to bring more clarity to those two functionalities.

5 Likes

That is because people keep referring to Provide as “providing liquidity” which is not the case.

When you use the Provide feature, you stake your coins.
With those staked coins, the team adds to liquidity, and nodes.

When you use the Add feature, you directly add liquidity to a trading pair yourself.

When I put money in my savings account, with a bank, the bank uses this money for mortgages and loans (in theory, in practice this process works differently). This doesn’t mean I supply loans or mortgages. It is the same for Provide.

3 Likes

Oh but they do, both are based on cryptonote, wouldn’t trust incognito otherwise…

How about using “PriFi” instead of “Provide”? PriFi is more inclusive and will give an impression like “oh this is a new thing” on the newcomers. Besides, some AMMs use “Provide” term for adding liquidity. I think this also increases the confusion. @aaron @andrey

3 Likes

Shouldn’t the transaction be pending though? What if i see the minus from the provide tab, but dont see a pending transaction in my wallet?

I have to say, the biggest functional down side of the platform that making any transaction is like watching paint dry. I’ve gotten used to transactions on other platforms clearing in 30 seconds or so. An operation like reinvesting rewards that involves more than 1 step can take days, and substantial withdrawals seem to take longer than small ones. I haven’t had any single transaction take over 3 days, but multiple steps can easily be longer.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Oneofus…and indeed one of the biggest gripes at this time that many in the community have is the very long time it takes to do transactions especially withdrawals from the Provide section…but the dev team is working on a fix for the issue and hopefully, an improvement on performance time should be seen … :sunglasses:

Great, I look forward to that, and I’m sure it will
lead to many more users staying with the whole ecosystem.

I don’t know the place to leave feedback on this. BUT withdrawing liquidity time is my biggest problem with Incognito. If they could get this resolved I would be a lot more comfortable using the platform. For example I can use Thorchain and withdraw liquidity in seconds, no problem.

1 Like

Liquidity, as in you added both sides of a trading pair directly, withdrawals happen pretty quick.

The Provide feature depends on running Nodes for its rewards. Everything that involves Nodes has the drawback of having to wait for the next earning cycle before stake can be freed up.

Don’t use it for coins you may need instantly at some point. Enjoy the APY on coins you can afford to be locked for a longer period of time.

4 Likes