(Resolved) Provide withdraw pool

LOLOL… pee pee pee…I think I hear them too now… :sunglasses:

Provide has broke for me in the past so if I hear about a mass amount of users not being able to get their funds I will (and most ppl) will assume (rationally) something is wrong. I suggest a system where people actually answer support tags because this is the first respond from an incognito employee since post.

2 Likes

@Silvercap718 totally agree. This project is still fairly early on, and growing pains will show up. While they may not happen as overnight as people would hope, I’ve seen this incog team pivot and adjust. Hopefully they implement a minimum soon.

@Matt6412. Like all things in life, if you don’t believe in something don’t use it. If you really believe something is wrong here, you should cease using incognito.

1 Like

Like all things in life, if you don’t believe in something don’t use it. If you really believe something is wrong here, you should cease using incognito.

The whole point of decentralization in crypto is that you don’t have to put trust in a team because they can’t have absolute power over something. What you just said is the complete opposite of everything crypto stands for. It is a big issue that many components of incognito aren’t decentralized and parts aren’t open source, it is even arguable that it cannot be called a cryptocurrency until these issues are resolved.

Even in the incognito slogans, it is a major talking point that they are making a “trustless” system. This is nothing near that at this point, and the way you develop a blockchain isn’t that you start centralized and maybe later will improve things.

6 Likes

Totally get what you’re saying @menerta, and I agree with you. From what I’ve read since using the platform back in June is that they have openly said its currently not decentralized right now. Their goal is to be one day though. I guess my question would be why use it at all in the first place if you dont believe that is possible?

3 Likes

New projects always have the risk element. With risk comes the option to win big, or lose your investment. If it is too early for you, wait till it meets your requirements. I am pretty sure we will have more people in the future expressing they regret not joining early on.

I would like to say “many components of incognito aren’t decentralized YET”. Most of the code is open source. To my knowledge it is just the pNode software that is not. And it makes sense, as it includes sensitive information concerning the funded stake system.

A cause for the many Provide withdrawals could well be the HD wallet feature. People need to withdraw and provide again to bring their funds under the umbrella of the seed phrase.

5 Likes

I just read your post and well it simply is exquisite in its simplicity yet also in its clarity as to the issue…once again I am left in awe… :blush: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This boy just said “exquisite”…

1 Like

You sound like you work for the team , this nonsense you spout is just that, utter nonsense. I’m not doubting anything , there was an issue and it’s being resolved (a backlog in the provide pool) I will point things out as I see fit, they are not attacks on the project so no need to get bent out of shape

1 Like

Ummm where in this thread am I "doubting the project? " you guys are literally ridiculous.

1 Like

Perhaps more transparency about provide is needed as it is closed source and murky.

5 Likes

All the best to you and yours @Matt6412

With all due respect Jamie, Decentralization is a completely different thing from open source. The issue here is that the devs have absolute control over many aspects of the project, regardless if they publish the source code or not, this is not decentralization.

Matt brings up a valid issue however messy his delivery might be. Blockchain projects don’t work like this. The dev team has an unmanageable amount of power and control over everyone’s money and the whole network, which makes this project simply a centralized token. This poses a risk for every PRV holder which isn’t present with other blockchain projects.

The question comes up, why is this necessary? It is a huge red flag that the project is managed this way, many parts are not transparent, the funds in provide aren’t even on a smart contract just managed by some script (not properly disclosed), so people don’t even know how their money is being managed and by what mechanisms. This would be usually unacceptable in crypto projects, and it is only exaggerated when people who are asking these questions in telegram are immediately given bans without explanation.

I think me as well as many others see the potential in this project and want to see it succeed, that is why we are still here and that is why we’re pointing out faults that need fixing, because we believe these are issues which would be easy to fix. But it is sad to see that many times constructive criticism is met with anger, blind insults, denial and bans from the mods instead of an educated discussion that would lead to progress (referring to telegram).

8 Likes

You bring valid concerns, but let’s look at the full part of the glass also.

The current incognito governing council and devs have shown consistence, have carried this project forward, have brought huge value to the table - and most of this is unseen by the outside crypto community yet.

This project has a huge 1m+ codebase, it’s larger than 99% crypto projects I can think of, there ARE temporary sacrifices…

What these bitches have done is damn amazing - monero’s and eth’s bastard son - incognito.

Judging by the roadmap your concerns are underway getting solved.

2 Likes

FYI more lines of code don’t make it superior. Code should be efficient , not bulky.

1 Like

To give another datapoint, rewards withdrawal from 37 hours ago just went through.

1 Like

True, but monero’s son with ETH, plus uniswap DNA, is a chunky kiddo

This sounds good but means literally nothing.

2 Likes

Incognito and monero share 0 code right now so I have no idea what you are saying in this regard

1 Like

Interesting points to bring up, except for the telegram issue. That has become an unintelligible hot mess. No one can pick up on a thread as it gets buried too quickly in BS bravado talk. Bring those topics here but leave the crazies there.
Post good questions on the forum here is really all that matters.

2 Likes