Nito FAQ (Telegram Bot)

I have a few nodes being watched by Nito and it doesnā€™t notify me when the node is pending or earning. I have tried cycling the notify command a few times but still nothing. Not sure if you have encountered this issue before or not. @Josh_Hamon

DM me the public key and Iā€™ll take a look. For clarity you get zero notifications?

I now have two users who have reported not receiving notifications, if you are in this boat keep reading:

Please let me know via DM, please share one public key with me so I can see how widespread this is. This has all of my focus for Nito.

1 Like

Still working on this, I have made headway on the triage now to work on the solution

Progress!

2 Likes

A solution? Let me know :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else having issues adding nodes? I get the:

Iā€™ll add ā€¦ to the list, please stand by! message but never get the:

Thanks! added message

Have tried a handful of times over the last few daysā€¦

I did have the wrong key the first time I tried and got an appropriate message, not sure if that might have poisoned the node name???

Thanks for chiming in, DM me a public key and Iā€™ll check it out

Adding nodes fixed :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

As @xtrbacon discovered, Nito wasnā€™t able to add nodes recently. This is my bad and is now fixed. You should have no problem adding new nodes.

Thanks @xtrbacon for reaching out!

3 Likes

Still some problemsā€¦ sometimes not saying it is out of committee, sometimes just the PRV value.

1 Like

Thanks @Stradimarius, others have reported similar behavior, and Iā€™m going to work on getting it fixed.

New users have been reporting issues with notifications. It has been resolved.

The app asks for account name and public key! The only node account/public key is the one created in the wallet when I added my pnode, it has the 10 digit number of the node? Responce from Nitro:
Nito, [21.02.21 15:45]
Sorry, I didnā€™t find 2653 on the network, please verify you have entered the public key for your node. (Not the validator or private key for example.)

Any idea?

Thanks

There are other pNodes that Nito is tracking, please DM me your key and Iā€™ll take a look.

Account name = whatever you want Nito to call your pNode, ie ā€œNode1ā€, ā€œPRVrainmakerā€ or ā€œSteveā€ (no hyphens, Nito doesnā€™t like hypens in the name)

Public Key = found in Keychain > Masterless > Masterless keychains > ā€œwhatever the account name of the Node isā€ > :key: > Public key

EDIT: ninjaā€™d by the dev; 0 for 2 tonight

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
It is not clear as to what the account id is referring to, the example of Account 0, suggests that it is referring to wallet account names!
Thank you for clarifying that for me!

Cheers

Thanks for sending me the key, I am not finding it in the network but I notice that the key you sent is 52 characters long. I have only seen public keys that are 50 or 51 characters long. I tried a few searches by looking with just parts of your key but still couldnā€™t find it that way.

Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t be of more help.

:fire_engine: :ambulance::police_car: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE :police_car: :ambulance: :fire_engine:

I am taking Nito offline to perform a complete reboot. This is part of work to fix the autonotification feature.

1 Like

Maintenance over, Nito is back up and running!

2 Likes

For the latest on Nitoā€™s status check out https://t.me/nito_announcements

1 Like