New phone set up help

So I got a new phone today. I imported my keys I had backed up. However it gave me a new pDEX and pDEXwithdraw account so I can’t back up my old ones without giving them a different name (not a big deal really) just wondering if this is avoidable so I don’t have 2 extra keys I don’t really need. Thanks!

1 Like

No, that is the way it works.

pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts are wallet specific accounts. Every new install of the wallet will generate new ones. Once you import the private keys of the pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts of the former (other) wallet they become regular accounts. They are no longer involved with trading transactions.

If you have funds in either of those old accounts you can send them to your new pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts. Without funds they do not have to be imported.
Don’t forget to save the private keys of the new accounts.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. Ill be sure to back the new keys up then.

And it didn’t give me a new pStake account, I was able to import my old one just fine.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s because we removed the need for the pStake account by default (use provide with any keychain), but pDEX and pdexwithdraw are still needed to use the Add feature.

We’ll be changing it slightly soon to only generate on first deposit to Add, so people who don’t use that feature won’t have extra keychains to handle.

3 Likes