Isyyyy - WIC - Desktop Wallet

@Isyyyy: Really nice work. Can you maybe share your progress on the hardware wallet support? Is there any work being done already? If not, I could work on the Ledger app side of a HW wallet, which could integrate with your wallet then.

2 Likes

Hey @sayne, currently we did not start to implement the integration with any hardware wallet yet.

I could work on the Ledger app side of a HW wallet, which could integrate with your wallet then.

Sure, it is really cool for Incognito, we will have HW wallet soon.

Hey @andrey,

We also realize the problem for the docker version last month :rofl:. So, we are working on the desktop version for WIC. That means we will have the execution file like *.dmg or *.exe for non-tech users.

About the road map, we will update the detail soon. Roughly, we will try to bring as much as features from the Incognito mobile app to WIC.

3 Likes

This is exciting news, I would love to use the CLI for automating some transactions. Is there going to be an EXE version of the CLI for windows machines.

2 Likes

Awesome, is there a git repo available or something similar? I could integrate the Ledger support right into that product. I would want to strictly focus on the Ledger side and avoid writing an entire wallet integration on the computer side from scratch.

Hi @sayne, we are porting from the web app to desktop app for WIC, the basic features will available in the first release next week. We will publish the source code next Tuesday.

Btw, you can check the source code of web app in the docker image. You can check it here

2 Likes

Hi @Revolve, sure, we will add CLI to the desktop app also. :slight_smile:

Hi Incognito’s community,

Here is the progress update for WIC:

• The project is now open-source here: https://github.com/IncWallet
  • Due to some issues when porting from web app to desktop app, the source code for the desktop version will be published in the next few days when we release the first version. Now you can use the web app from docker or build from source code.

Accordingly the request about roadmap from @andrey, we provide the plan for WIC here:

• November: Release Desktop version with all basic features such as history, send/receive prv and pToken, miner, and pDex.
  • December: Release Desktop version with shield/unshield, add liquidity, provide features (need to collaborate with core team).
  • 2021: Integrate with a hardware wallet.
6 Likes

Hey @Isyyyy, it’s been a while that haven’t heard anything new from you. How is the desktop version for WIC? Any progress update? :thinking:

3 Likes