Hello, Incognito’s community!
We already have the mobile app wallet, web wallets. Now we are happy to introduce one more choice for Incognito’s fans: Desktop wallet.
We start the project in early July. In the plan, we will release both CLI wallet and GUI wallet with full features as the mobile app wallet.
We also focus on the security problem for the cryptocurrency wallet. Thus, we will integrate with the hardware wallets and introduce a multisig feature for Incognito wallet in the future.
In the first step, we have finished the core wallet with CLI tool to support some basic features as follows:
HD Wallet: To generate the private key, the wallet will:
- Follow BIB39 protocol to generate 24 mnemonic seed phrases and the entropy.
- Derive a master key from hashed seed through HMAC-SHA512 algorithm.
- Follow BIP44 protocol and Base58Serialized from Incognito Library to derive and encode private key and address from the master key.
- All the master key and private keys will be encrypted and stored locally.
Send and Receive:
- All the steps will be run on the client-side. The sendRawTransaction RPC will be called to broadcast transactions on-chain.
- Support both PRV and pToken.
Show balance and transaction history including both send and receive transactions.
- The cron job will listen to block by block to immediately update incoming transaction
- All coins of the user will be cached locally to easily check balance and create a new transaction.
Synchronize accounts between multiple devices.
- At the same time, users can import accounts from any mobile app wallets, web wallets.
- All history will be synced.
Here are checkpoints for this month:
- 17 August: release the MVP version of CLI wallet.
- 30 August: release CLI wallet with the pDex feature.
Demo: How to use incognito CLI wallet
Basic features support by wic
Create a wallet, add accounts, and import accounts
Please leave us feedback on everything you think makes Incognito wallet better.