Integrate Incognito into Signal (PoC)

Yeah, I totally agree. It is more that we get payment into Signal. After PoC finishes I will set up a program to get the underlying IncognitoPayKit integrated in other apps. Then we design a proper icon for the IncognitoPayKit.

3 Likes

Pure awesomeness! Iā€™ve been waiting for Pp2p (private peer to peer) finance to be flawlessly integrated into Pp2p communication. Canā€™t wait for this revolutionary reality to manifest!:pray::heart:

*Iā€™m really hoping to have something wholistic integrating things like messaging, finance, marketplace, social, etc. Under one roof (much like the Chinese WeChat only without the technocratic big brother), I was excited for openbazzar and haven yet for some reason it didnā€™t take off and is full of fake users and dropshipping garbageā€¦ Iā€™m not sure why but if anyone finds out how to do this properly it will be a game changer. If I can help in anyway (vision/strategy/etc), Iā€™m gamešŸ’™

3 Likes

@Thomas_Edible
Yeah me too. I develop payment as a framework. Therefore it can be implemented in every iOS app. I keep you posted. :construction_worker_man: :construction:

3 Likes

Thanks brother!
:pray::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Do you trust Signal without any doubts?

One thing that bothers me: It isnā€™t decentralised.

2 Likes

Off course not!

1 Like

Hey @andireuter Signal gets a lot of attention recently. Letā€™s use this opportunity to get traction from their community.

Once you have time please share updates on their forum as well.

Here is our thread if anyone wants to join discussion: https://community.signalusers.org/t/anonymous-p2p-payments-for-your-signal-from-a-talk-to-action/18530

4 Likes

If Signal ends up not working out, implementation into Session would seemingly be the next best option, plus Session is decentralised.

If we canā€™t get our stuff implemented into existing programs, weā€™ll just have to build better ones.

4 Likes

Hi,
How are you?
Yes, I will post updates there. :smiley:

1 Like

Sure, reusability is provided by the kit I built here. Communities can always be very time consuming to tackle. I will publish a landing page and I look for more people who wants privacy payments in their apps. Indeed the PoC is focused on Signal. I support @andrey here. In addition I will put effort in connecting with people. :smiley:

1 Like

letā€™s try to make a big push with signal community this month! Its a good chance, to get real users into Incognito Signal app :wink:

4 Likes

@andireuter Signal got 40M downloads within one day :rocket:

3 Likes

Awesome. I saw that too. As it is Android I hired an experienced Android developer to make the IncognitoPayKit ready for Android. :muscle: Therefore I started to invest in Incognito as I believe is an awesome way to bring back (if financial privacy was ever there before :wink: privacy on financial transactions.

Everyone I talk to is excited and wants to know more. Therefore my current effort is to build a team to move forward now and also be prepared for the future.

6 Likes

Hey,
How are you?

I give you a short midnight update. :ghost:

1. I improve the Signal-iOS build process to get the IncognitoPayKit smoothly integrated
  2. My colleague works on the AppStore review
  3. Another 2 colleagues design and write content to launch the product website of IncognitoPayKit

Many things are on-going. I will keep you posted.

8 Likes

Hey,

Another short morning update. :sleeping:

I built a new Signal-iOS set up. They use makefiles and other stuff in their build process which makes it not easy to stabilise. But I will get across this hurdle.

And I participate in the chats of the Signal community. Theyā€™ve some fear to get a payment add-on as well if we fork Signal.

Warm Regards,
Andreas

6 Likes

Hey,

My short afternoon update. :crazy_face:

I took the hurdle to stabilise the build process. Now we can continue to integrate the Incognito Pay button.

Cheers,
Andreas

5 Likes

Signal deployment target is set to iOS 11.0. Therefore and to make the IncognitoPayKit more/most compatible for other app owners I migrated the code base of IncognitoPayKit to iOS 11.0 from iOS 13.4. Now it differs between new and old code support and benefits from both.

It is already merged to main branch but you can view the changes here:

For Signal messaging app this step was necessary because migrate from 11.0 to 13.4 isnā€™t achievable in a short time. :grin:

4 Likes

Today we started to make the IncognitoPayKit visible to anyone. We wanna hire an UX designer to even build more and better user interface of this not easy to use crypto products.

In a few days our website of IncognitoPayKit launches at www.incognitopaykit.com. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

iOS 11.0 changes completed. I integrated the Incognito Pay button in our Signal-iOS fork. I will complete my last tests and I work on bugs that I found so far. :smiley:

Link to video

@andrey do you think to turn pay button on/off is a feature that convinces the Signal community? Then I can implement such an option.

6 Likes

Are you also developing the Android version?

2 Likes