[Implemented] A better prize wheel (26 November)

I understand the frustration. We could have done much better with the release and scheduling, and it’s never fun to have the finish line moved. That’s on us.

None of this was intended to disappoint, and everything done so far was only done to create a fun and informative game that shows off Incognito’s privacy tech and points people toward other kinds of privacy solutions, too.

That said, people were surprised by the fee, but it was announced in advance and during pre-launch. It wasn’t a malicious or profit-making change, it was a pivot made to preserve the integrity of the game. We honestly just didn’t expect the Quest to get so big. Even with fees, it won’t make a profit, and the team will still take a loss. We are ok with that if it helps real users learn cool things.

It was never about giving away free money. It was about rewarding/incentivizing true users, people interested in privacy, to learn more. It was about creating the first private, open-source lottery, and the first pApp on Incognito.

If you came for the free money and are disappointed that you get less of it, I think you’re missing the point.

Plus, we made multiple changes that weren’t negative. We doubled prizes to accommodate the amount of players, and changed an entire part of the game (read: rewrote entire sections of code) to ensure that there is a 100% chance that someone wins the Bitcoin.

This was not a bait and switch, and while I understand how it can feel that way, it’s important to see everything in its full context.

5 Likes

So people complaining about paying 0.08 PRV per spin yet will pay astronomical gas fees on ETH for some speculative ICO tokens?

1 Like

Well put Aaron in defending and responding to the complaints lodged about quest…for indeed quest was created for the purposes of rewarding and incentivizing true users of Incognito… :100: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the support!! Are you enjoying the Quest?

2 Likes

To be honest I did not get a chance to play or search for quests…was dealing with real time issues but I have kept up on the chat in the telegram room for Incognito and found alot of the comments funny and entertaining and it seems that quite a few of the regular members on Incognito are enjoying themselves as they should…and well then Jaime, Ducky, and Chucky have been awesome as moderators in the room and very professional and helpful to all… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Easy guys, they create the quest to let us have a place to play. First time holding, give them more detailed feedback to make it better.

5 Likes

Thanks, Jersey for the comment…it is positive, constructive, and honest… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Current rate for Lotto is about 67 tickets a day at current rate will take 267 days before the raffle to be drawn.

4 Likes