How to free up space if you own multiple vNodes

I used example1 and ran the setup. It acted like it worked. stopped containers. Did some stuff. Started containers and then said “done”.

However, from what I can see nothing has changed. the same amount of disk space being used is still being used. the 3 nodes that i had recently had slashed and still doing “shard syncing” and syncing up from 0 instead of using hard links of other nodes.

Did I do something wrong?

Can anybody assist me with this?

@J053 ?

Tks for the script, @J053, it’s very nice!
I would like to ask if I can make it work with a pNode and a vNode. :thinking:
Tks

1 Like

pNodes only run 1 shard and beacon data so there’s no point in using this script on a pNode. You can safely delete out other shards that are currently not assigned to your pNode.

2 Likes

@J053 I am having a permissions issue with deno. It is installed properly. Output:
deno 1.28.1 (release, x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
v8 10.9.194.1
typescript 4.8.3

I used git clone on the deno branch, edited constants.ts. It starts out its run fine and then permission denied errors when it tries to rm the node_data_x files. My current user is listed in incognito group and also is sudo. Is it possible to run deno as root with sudo? I usually can figure out permission issues, but am not used to deno yet I guess. When I log in as sudo su of course, deno isn’t installed there for the root user. I wouldn’t think it has to be. I have confirmed all node_data folders/files are owned by incognito group and user. I am no doubt missing something obvious.

Run it as sudo or with su. Try invoking deno with the absolute path, which you can find by typing which deno with the user you intalled it to

Thank you. Absolute path worked. I knew I was missing the obvious.

I am trying to schedule the crontab job but it is not running. I sent the output to a log and it is saying “/bin/sh: 1: deno: not found”.

Anyone else running in to this?

It works fine when I invoke it manually in SSH, but not through crontab.

I’m no longer helping people with setup problems or suggestions. With bugs I’ll only consider them if they affect me.
I’m still keeping the code open source, for anyone to fork it and/or create pull requests.
Feel free to use this thread to ask for help to other members.

I can no longer find the database.db file in the db folder. Does anyone know if it moved somewhere?

@J053 - can we use rsync -a --link-dest instead of cp -al? For some weird reason, I’ve found this rsync command take significantly less time than cp -al on select VPS instances.

I realize the creator of this script flaked out on us, but is anyone in the community able to help out? This is what I’m getting:

Flaked out is a little harsh unless you happened to donate some PRV for his efforts.

But for your issue have you tried running it via sudo / as root?

I agree, @GoldFella seems you misspoke since the last release was done 3 weeks ago.

This, make sure you run with the correct permissions (ie sudo).

Also check the version you’re running, if you are not on v1.2 then upgrade.

1 Like

I’m getting a different kind of error when I run as sudo

What error?

What version are you running? Might be best to repull (backup your constants).

I cloned from the newest version (3 weeks ago). Now I’m getting different errors again. It looks like a permissions thing.

It’s deno task run, as stated in the instructions https://github.com/J053Fabi0/Duplicated-files-cleaner-Incognito/tree/deno#how-to-use :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks and I’m sorry I called you flaky. I misread your tone in one of your previous posts. Anyway, here’s the output:

What does ls -al output?

. … constants.example1.ts constants.example2.ts constants.example3.ts constants.ts db deno.json Duplicated-files-cleaner-Incognito import_map.json index.ts LICENSE README.md types utils