Have some questions before buying a node

I would like to buy at least one if not 2 nodes… however, would like to review current data on how many exist, is there a cap, general rewards expectation at present, and also, whether there is new hardware on the pipe, or the current is going to be for a while etc… where could get info, or can somebody provide some

Also, would have one st work and one at home… would geographical locations matter…??, like better in another state…??

Geographical location does not matter. You can run multiple from one location or spread them out. There is the node tree slated to be released in June? You can see how many nodes are currently online through the incog app. Just select the explorer tab. Then from the hamburger menu in the top left, select “Network-validators”. I show 2,437 nodes at this current moment. As for rewards, the selection process is completely random. Personally, I have had my node selected as many as 3 times in a week, but I’ve had it sit as long as 39 days. The best way to look at earnings is by month. I have a few nodes staked (1750 PRV each), and I’m showing an ROI around 50% for the year at current. Really, you just want to make sure your node is earning more than 28%, which is the current interest rate on PRV though the provide section. You can earn even more from your node though if you roll your earnings back into provide.

7 Likes

Hi @gusluz, @Thriftinkid provided the correct information for you.
The best way now is to get a pNode and stake your own 1750 PRV. The required resource to run a pNode is much lower than a vNode so far. But that will be a huge investment at this moment (1 PRV is around 1.7 USDT).

The rewards expectation at the present is hard to define. You can try with the Provide (28% ROI) first because it gives you constant earnings & you can withdraw it anytime.

1 Like