Does this wallet add an extra zero?

Hey so I’m new to this wallet but anyways … I deposited around a thousand worth of Bitcoin in here then traded it to monero but the amount of pxmr I have now compared to what actual xmr amount I should have is really different .

Please see this article and then go to your nearest liquor store and buy the biggest bottle of the cheapest one and get :poop::face_vomiting:

I guess I messed up and traded it without thinking because what they gave me back in xmr is so much less than market value it’s kind of insane

Yep. Sad to say your money is gone. The app is not setup to really notify the end user that the amounts drastically changed.

If I were to convert small amounts a bunch of times will I get my value back the next time ? Or do I need to just buy monero from a better marketplace .

1 Like

Sorry to hear you lost money on the trade.

Part of the trade is to read the trade that is proposed, and back out in case it is not to your liking.

Trading smaller amounts will trigger less resistance and with that, a smaller prize change. Trading pairs with low liquidity can result in weird trades, it is better not to use those or only for small amounts.

We can’t prevent this from happening, but are working on an additional warning.

1 Like

As liquidity grows, the rates get more normal, so eventually this shouldn’t be a problem. Always trade against PRV, and be careful of the rates before trading. Sorry it happened this way :confused: Like @Jamie said, we’re working on adding an extra warning. But you’re correct, smaller trades is better.

For now, smaller trades for smaller pools. If you type in a certain amount of a coin you want to trade, try adding another zero or two and see if it tracks, if it doesn’t check the pool size. If unsure ask here or on telegram just like you did but before trading.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes