Could you add draft post feature to the forum?

Hey @ning,

To my rough research, it seems that Discourse currently does not support creating draft posts. However, there is such an option.

I do not want to share my draft posts with anyone. Is it possible to modify that option accordingly?

1 Like

There is a sort of Drafts function already. When you start a post and don’t finish it, it will be saved and available to you on your profile page in the Drafts section.

This feature only works with one draft.

The feature you link to needs a dedicated category. That would be a lot of categories if we need to create those for every member.

Another option would be to click the gear-icon when creating a post and set the post to unlisted. Admins will be able to see your post, but other users won’t.

1 Like

I know this but it is not user-friendly and enough for me.

There is not such an option in my gear icon. I see just Hide Profile and Build Poll. Do you mean somewhere else?

A workaround is simply writing yourself a private message - you can edit this however you want. It’s also perhaps worth noting that while you can only have one topic draft open, you can have as many reply drafts going as you want.

it’s easy to access all your ongoing drafts at once from your profile page. this is the link:
https://incognito.org/u/username/activity/drafts

this is only available to sitewide admins and mods i’m afraid.

1 Like

I know this but this is the worst case :slight_smile: I think the option I mentioned may be applied. Did you examine it? @ning

The problem is that only one draft is allowed.

i did.

as it stands, modifying admin access seems very unlikely considering how discourse works with regards to category security settings. and as jamie mentioned, even if we could somehow prevent moderators from viewing your drafts as per the option you linked, we would still have to create categories for every user + put them in their own individual groups.

if many people find the current draft options unsatisfactory and would like this option, i’m happy to look deeper into it. however, it seems having your own inbox as well as a dedicated tab for managing multiple ongoing drafts is sufficient for most users for now.

2 Likes