Can we make a poll on the new logo?

this is the best in all the thread…
but the black empty one is nice

I do love the idea of a blank icon.

I hear the argument for a logo needing to tell a story, frame a narrative.
So I have some submissions

We NEED our logo to have an outline of a shield. because shielding is so important and draws attention to the narrative “We are protecting/We have something to protect” (as opposed haveing something to hide.)

A Pure black shield is fine by me, but the emblem of a peering eye with a strike though it emphasizes that the shield is specifically against eyes.

a horizontal eye gives a direct feeling.
slanted is sexier and more dynamic
vertical is very interesting and unique. I checked my favorite.
Incognito-logo

4 Likes

Nubix I like the partially hidden tagline, excellent

1 Like

Rerdiant, I would love the mimic Octopus as the mascot. its perfect! I submitted my own ideas but I would be very happy with yours.

It would CERTAINLY gain attention when put along side other coins in a marketplace, 100%

2 Likes

my issue with the shield and the pervert with the hat is that it’s extremely common. There’s even some that combine both, originality is key to be seen :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Not a fan of the face, it does bring out negative connotations, but I disagree about the shield being too common.
-I think it makes sense, since we are “shielding” our crypto.
-I think it evinces a powerful feeling in protection.
-I would love to see a blue tinged, but mainly dark, crisp shield; that is skinner at the bottom and gets really broad at the top, maybe even having some “ground” that is starting to be broken by the shield in the foreground (as if the shield is being slammed into the ground, the same way that incognito is breaking the mold.

#best logo idea yet :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t have the best photoshop skills, but I wanted to contribute somthing, so I threw this together for the app icon. I think it looks pretty cool.
Untitled

1 Like

You explained why you like the shield, not why it’s not common.

What? I said I just disagree that a shield is a common logo for a crypto, then explained why it is a good idea for our logo and design elements, regardless if you or anyone else thinks it’s common.

Just counted 20 logos with a shield icon when you search incognito in the app store. That’s pretty common

1. If a person just searches incognito on the apple app store only one shield logo pops up and that’s the Brave Browser. Then incognito is next on the list with a few shields further down the list, a few not 20, but sure if you scroll into obscurity you could probably find 20.
  2. Those shields you mentioned are for browsers not crypto. The point was that a shield logo specifically for crypto is not that common from what I see and even if it is, it makes sense to use it from the terminology from our app as I laid out above.

Browser or not, it’s what comes up when you type in incognito. This app is so much more than shielding, to use that as our main point is very shallow. The ability to change our crypto to any other crypto under pDEX without kyc is much more valuable than a common shield. Either way I’ve been part of the crypto scene since bitcoin was .50 cents. The logo can continue being black and I will still support incognito.

I do think the shield with the eye in it is a good idea tho, at least it tells you a little something about the app.

1 Like

-Well, when the main function of it is to shield crypto, it tracks as a strong positive choice regardless when anyone came on scene with bitcoin.
-People will probably not be searching “incognito” only on the app store for a crypto wallet, when a person types anything crypto related into the search function I doubt they are inundated with shields. They will probably type crypto wallet or private crypto wallet.
-Commonality of a logo, in my opinion should not be the emphasis on whether a logo is chosen or not, some may argue commonality helps with adoption into the main stream.
-We just disagree.
-I think it is not shallow and a fantastic pick, and your comment above about the shield with the eye getting the point across and being a good idea is legitimately my entire point.
-I made my points and I’ll leave it there. Appreciate it.

Ok, that your opinion like you said. I’m finding common ground when I said I think it’s okay, I still dislike the shield but I understand that some do . I honestly rather keep the current logo than change it to anything involving a shield. Very easy to find as is.

1 Like

I would say long term this is not important. The incognito wallet is going to be hopefully just on wallet between many others. Like with Bitcoin where many independent wallets exist. Incognito hopefully becomes the main privacy crypto movement. In this case our network will work in many wallets and projects invisible in the background, just doing it´s job in the background.

5 Likes

Solid point

1 Like

I think the logo now is quite simple and not have anything special to show Incognito uniqueness

1 Like

LIGHTNING SHIELD.

If enough of us say it, it may become true :joy:

1 Like

Have they made a decision yet? any reward for designing new logo?

Not sure how I feel about a shield, I made a design I the past with a shield, but the point @Reydiant made about it being common can be an issue. I still like the idea of a closed eye of some kind. The “unseeing eye”, I think it avoids being traditionally “protection”, but also doesn’t play into the “illegality” that people associate with crypto and anonymity.

The idea of the unseeing eye is opposite of the all seeing eye so it’s being anti Illuminati or protecting hiding from the “elite” because it’s elitists and the establishment that controls money.

IDK just the way I think about it haha