BTC unshielding processing for the last 8 hours

I never had issues with shielding but as I wanted to pay for something online I used some of the BTC (around $25 unshielded, plus more than $15 I guess in fees?).
The transaction is still processing after 8 hours.

Recipient wallet did not get a penny.

Don’t really know where my btc is and where to ask for support.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks

Hello @albieri04,
The bitcoin mempool has been extremely congested lately. You can use a blockchain explorer website (I recommend mempool.space) to search for the recipient’s address.

You should then see the fee the transaction was sent with and get a sense of when it might get included in a block.

You’ll have to ask @Support if they can use RBF or CPFP to bump the fee, if desired.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, I guess I’ll have to wait longer. However when I search for the recipient’s address on mempool.space there’s no record of any transactions and the balance is still 0. It would be nice to know an approximated time for the transaction to go through.

Thank you again, I’ll wait a bit longer maybe support will chime in.

So the transaction is finally complete.

Of the almost $45 that exited my account less than $1 went into the target wallet.
The rest went into a second wallet with a fee of almost $44 dollars.

This is a first for me. How is it possible that of the $25 supposed to reach the target wallet, only less than $1 did? Is this a BTC or incognito issue?

And what’s up with the $40+ transaction fees?

That’s it for me, I’m done with BTC, back to XMR. Not sure how to feel about the incognito wallet after this debacle.

Can you sent us a DM to
https://we.incognito.org/g/support with your btc txid for investigation

Sent, thank you.