App functionality without Google Play services LineageOS

Poking around at some custom android ROMs and found this error popping up when I try to start the app. What is the roadmap looking like for this? I’m running LineageOS and trying to do it all from a non-Google-tracked phone.

The app seems to work though. I was able to restore my wallet and I can see all my balances. I readded my node successfully, but it shows the node as offline. Not sure if that’s a network thing or not though. Just wanted to bring this to the attention of the devs. IMHO we really shouldn’t be relying on Google services if privacy is one of the biggest selling points. Would welcome any feedback on this line of thought. TY!

1 Like

Hello @fiend138,

The only thing that wouldn’t work for you would be Provide.

If the node is showing offline it is most likely online and since it doesn’t work with your set up you should be using monitor.incognito.org

1 Like

That’s good to know as I’m currently not using provide. I used the monitor on my computer and it shows as online and the monitor in the app is showing it as online as well. Does provide also encompass doing liquidity pools or is that separate functionality. Once my node earns I’ll let you know if there are any issues withdrawing PRV into the wallet.

Just as a side note, this is just me tinkering around with doing some extreme privacy setups and including incognito as part of that.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The pools are completely separate from Provide. Pools use the Incognito blockchain, Provide does not.

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what part of Google Play Services is Provide using?

I’m new and found this post coincidentally, but am curious about this now as I’m also running LineageOS and saw the same notification, but everything seems to be working fine. I have also been using Provide with seemingly no issues so far. Should I expect potential problems? I have only provided funds and not tried to withdraw yet. Rewards are coming in fine too.

1 Like

Awesome, if you had no issue with depositing then you won’t have any issue with withdrawing. There was a captcha implemented at one point that users reported having issues with.

Ah, that’s great! Thank you.

1 Like

So far I’ve found the experience with the Incognito app to be great on LineageOS. So far that error at startup hasn’t really caused any issues. I feel like things are much more private now that I’m off of official Android.

1 Like

Absolutely same here! I’m really looking forward to using this app a lot more.

On a related note, I was able to successfully install Incognito into an Anbox android container, but it throws a google play error when I try to import my wallet recovery phrase.