(Answered) My vnodes performance issue

Hello Support team,
My new nodes are not able to synch selected shards since 15 days of staking. The nodes are getting slashed and the new Shard does not synch in time for the next earning cycle. So these two servers seems to be having some performance issue. Here is the screenshot of docker stats. Any help is appreciated.

Hello @mapurush,

Who is your server host and which server?
Does your server meet the minimal required specs for the amount of nodes you have?

Hello @Jared,
I have 1.6TB SSD servers from Contabo each hosting 10 nodes. I have many such servers and all other nodes working fine. Only two servers having this issue.

Ah, Contabo throttles your server disk IO. Which server do you have with them?
VPS, VDS, Dedi, Outlet?

Stop all docker containers and then run:

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync

Post the output here.

HI @Jared,
I have VPS servers.

Here is the response I received:

That speed is too slow for that many nodes

ok, I will check with Contabo.
I purchased these two server which run in this low speed with same configuration as others who run perfectly fine.

Good luck. They will remove the throttle for a day or two and then add it back again.

Thanks you. Will keep you posted on this.

1 Like

I just ran the speed test on other good servers where I don’t have performance issue. The speed shows the same.

Do you have any nodes in committee?

yes, I have many nodes running.

I recently changed the server configurations to accommodate 10 nodes in one 1.6TB VPS XL from Contabo. The process worked for many nodes, except in two servers. It is synching since last 15 days, not able to get to “Latest” status. The nodes are getting slashed and the new Shard does not synch in time for the next earning cycle. So these two servers seems to be having some performance issue.

Bootstrap to quickly get the shard/beacon synced. Although, I would imagine you will encounter issues when they go into committee.

I was bootstrapping earlier. There was some issue of not able to pull data from the archive.
Could you please provide me the latest Bootstrap script for vNodes? I am using 10 nodes per VPS server.

The link I sent contains the latest version. Make sure you have deleted and repelled the latest version.