What privacy?

Venner og medguder,
this is already a very long thread and at the risk of repeating, please allow me to share my understanding of how to obtain public ledger surveillance crypto currencies (PLSC) like BTC, ETH and alike without kyc connection/contact, i.e. avoid kyc CEX at all.
I think my following remarks relate best to @cryptos and @Jamie post, who mentioned the “leaving incognito to monero” posibility. Here the other way round, Alice has a handfull of dirty fiat and wants BTC or ETH (PLSC) in a wallet without trace to that fiat or her identity.

Step1: use a non kyc Monero (XMR) on-ramp like localmonero.co … buy XMR for FIAT.(be aware some vendors on localmonero.co ask for kyc, dont trade with them.)
Step2: Shield XMR into incognito and exchange pXMR to pPLSC of your liking
Step3: Unshield pPLSC to a wallet that has no prior history a.k.a. a new fresh wallet, ideally hardware wallet created offline.

Use different amounts and spent time in between steps, 1 to 1 amounts in a short time frame might my recognizable by chain analytic software.

Although XMR is already pretty private, shield it to exchange it. Because currently all DEXes require a minted version of trading pairs on a public ledger or a middle man like changelly or a like, avoid these as much as possible or use pDEXes from inside incognito.

Follow these steps and you end up with a wallet full of crypto without trace back to your identity. In best case scenario you used TOR over different VPNs, to hide your internet traffic a little bit more than usual.

Please be aware of the fact, that the coins and/or tokens you receive will have a history of their own, whatever this means to you.

AND, yes this costs a little bit more, than use a bank transfer to a kyc CEX, but this is the world we live in, privacy is not given, so it has to be bought with effort and extra costs. In a perfect digital monetary system, we’d be all using XMR from the get go.

Last note: I am looking forward to the XMR implementation on Thorchain. This will make things like native blockchain2blockchain transaction easier, best case would be a pThorSwap inside incognito, that would really rock.

Skål Freyr

P.S.: again sorry for possible thread high-jack or repeating, but I am an old Nordic entity who is new to this whole internet thingy.
peace out.

4 Likes