Staking Flow v3 Guide 😍

Yet another AWESOME post by @Jared.
Thanks for providing very clear instructions on what pNode and vNode operators need to do to facilitate this upgrade.

A HUGE shout out to the Incognito Dev team, you are amazing! I’m not a developer, but I can appreciate that this must have been a huge undertaking and lots of code and testing was required to get this all working on mainnet.

Many thanks for all the effort and hard work. As a result, I have even more encouragement in this project that I’ve decided to add another vNode to help support this project. You have helped convince me that this is the best decentralised privacy project in the blockchain space.

Congrats on this major milestone.

5 Likes

Hi Jared,
My understanding from your post was that the assigned shard would remain your shard for longevity. Now that I’ve deleted all unassigned shards with shard 6 remaining and receiving rewards recently, I’ve noticed shard 6 is now at block height 1 and not syncing. My pnode is trying to sync to other shards. Does this mean the assigned shard will change after every reward cycle?

Hello @Yoonity,

That is correct. The only time a node should be assigned to a new shard is if it was slashed. Please open a ticket by messaging @Support so we can look into your specific case to figure out what happened.