pNode wifi setup issue

Are you using Android 10?

1 Like

I ended up hooking mine up to the ethernet and then was able to move it over to wifi.

I made a topic on the same issue. I have 6 pNodes here ready but I can’t connect them to WiFi.

Google has changed some policy for wifi control on Android 10. So we’re having issue with setup node/update wifi on Android 10. Please contact @Peter for support.

1 Like

Hi @sjo114 @SynthiaNominae, we are thinking about a temporary way to help you set up the Node. I will keep you guy posted.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you! I can’t use the Ethernet option, the area where I keep my pNodes is too far from my router, and I can’t run 12+ Ethernet cables to my little home router…

Buy a 16 port switch, place it near your nodes then run one Ethernet cable between your router and the switch.

1 Like

Hi @sjo114 and @SynthiaNominae, the Node must be activated using the Wi-Fi connection to ensure the firebase token is activated.
Get back to this case, I wrote a guide here: [Android OS] "Could not setup Wi-Fi and connect to Node"

Hope that works.

2 Likes

That was nerve-wracking, but it worked. THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

This one also worked for me at last. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello, I just received my pnode so I want to configure it. I deactivate cellular data, I connect to my modem (I have two modems and tested the operation on two different modems, 2 different access providers) I scan the qr code, enter the wifi code, but when it is switch on the node-xxxx network, the application crashes and stops (when I go to the wifi parameter I am well connected to the node) I try x times to restart the 2 modems as well as the node (and forget the node network in wifi setting) and restart the phone too

What version is your wallet app? 3.11.0?

yes i have a 3.11.0

Hi @dmonter,

Could I know your device model and OS version?