Node abilities

Hey guys. Is there any way to disconnect and reconnect your node to a different account/wallet? Thanks!

Yes of course. It would require you to unstake and then restake to another wallet address. I will caution that this takes some time to complete both processes and I would not recommend it unless absolutely necessary.

Which node are you referring to? pNode or vNode?

1 Like

Why would you want to do that? What are you aiming for?

That’s what I was thinking I’d have to do. So itd take almost a month to have it switched over. Thank you

Hi @Tylor_Sumsion, Jared advised correctly if you are using a virtual Node.

However, if you are using a physical node. An associated key chain, which is created after you set up successfully, will be the permanent one.

2 Likes

That is why I asked what he was doing precisely. Some advices given on the forum are correct, but only in specific scenarios. People should be more aware of that before advising newcomers. This could result in unneeded frustration.

2 Likes

Further to that Peter, If you need to move wallet to another device or do a reinstall will the pnode reconnect to the new wallet if the original keychain is added?

Cheers

Yes. The pNode is tied to validator key of the account created when you originally setup the pNode. You will need to import the private key (aka Masterless) for that account on your new/additional device.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that Mike.
I was pretty sure that was the case!

Cheers

Hi Peter,
I was forced to reinstall the wallet and had no problem with reconnecting my accounts in the new wallet with the saved private keys, except for the pnode account, the private key works ok in establishing an account in the new wallet, but there is no connection with the node! Opening the POWER feature brings up, connect a node or buy a node, no node info as was in the original wallet!
I tried the Telegram bot to check my node but only got, a could not find! I contacted Josh_Hamon and he tried a search for me to no avail!
I did try a re connection of my node but got a message, that the node was connected to another device!?
Do you have any suggestions

Cheers

At the bottom of the Add node screen there is an option to “Add an existing Node”. That is what you should use.

Thanks for reply Jamie,
Only two options on ADD NODE DEVICE:
1/ Don’t have a Node yet!

2/Experienced Node Operator! Add Node Virtual!

If you are referring to the option following ADD NODE Device, I have already tried that with a FAIL because node is connected to another device!

Any suggestions?

Hi @Andogen, please have a look at this guide: How to add an existing pNode to the Power Tab
If you have a problem, please send some screenshots to me in a private message.

1 Like

Hi Peter,
5/ Scan the QR code of your Node by tapping on this polygon icon. After the QR code was recognized, simply tap on “Add”.

I have tried that process twice, the response is that the node is connected to another device!

Also, why cannot my node be located on the telegram bot?

I will try again in the morning.

Cheers

Hi @Andogen, we received your message and I see that you did wrong. I will advise further in that private message, no worries.