- Faster candidates’ assignments into one shard chain.
- Balance probability for candidates to be selected into a shard chain.
- Improve Incognito chain security and stability of block-creation.
- Enhance synchronization between the beacon chain and shard chains.
- Shard chains automatically recover.
- Upgrade committee life cycle (Committee Life Cycle V2).
- Upgrade shard block-creation (Block Producing V2).
- Upgrade committee change method.
- Add Unstake feature.
How new features achieve improve Incognito chain
Improve security, toward a decentralized system. Bad validators, which don’t sign enough blocks in one epoch, will be slashed.
Slashed nodes will be removed from any committee lists. In the meanwhile, nodes’ stakes are returned to their account. In other words, users’ PRV would remain intact but their nodes will no longer play any roles in the system.
- Committee Life Cycle V2
Using Cuckoo Rules to balance the probability for candidates to be selected into a shard chain and faster candidates assignment into one shard chain.
Improve shard chain security by the ability to expand and shrink validators list in a more flexible approach.
- Block Producing V2
To create a new shard block, a shard chain must process a new beacon block with a higher height.
Enhance synchronization between shard chains and the beacon chain.
Shard chain is not able to ignore beacon instructions, which keep the system running correctly and stable.
- Upgrade committee change method
Regardless of the working progress of nodes in shard chains, new committee lists will be forced to use at the beginning of every epoch. All committee lists will be managed by the beacon chain, which is a more secure and stable chain.
Note: the combination of features 3 and 4 makes shard chains unable to disobey the beacon chain.
- Unstake feature
A convenience feature for users while still maintaining the security and stability of block-creation.
Nodes in the candidate role are allowed to use this feature. Nodes in other roles just try to stop the auto-stake mode.
- Users who stake, node investors
- Blockchain developer
- Anyone who is interested in sharding in Blockchain
From 2/5/2021, the new features source code is available on our official GitHub
Committee Life Cycle V2, Unstake Feature: Week 2, May 2021
Slashing: Week 2, June 2021