Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20210906_1)

Hi folks,

We’ve just released a new code update for Slashing V2. As planned, it will be enabled in the last week of Sept (2021/09/26), the latest code is published in 2 forms:

In order for your nodes to operate correctly, please update them to the latest code. If you run pNodes or set up your vNodes by following our instructions , they should pull the latest docker image automatically. In case you encounter any issues with the code update, feel free to contact @support for assistance.

Thanks!

7 Likes

If our vNode is running using your script, it should update itself after 1 hour (unless we’ve altered the variable), or how long should we expect it to take?

So, I have a reply staged to the other thread about the script but, at the moment, the script doesn’t stop the running containers before trying to start them back up with the new image. If you run journalctl | grep Inc | grep docker you might find a message like

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name “/inc_mainnet_0” is already in use by container

You can manually stop the containers and run the docker run commands yourself, but there is no retry logic in the script currently. It updates the current tag regardless of whether the container was successfully started or not.

PS I hate bash. Error handling is tedious so most scripts have none. I’m getting a docker-compose setup this evening for these and other reasons :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yes, it should, the script would check for the new docker image every hour so your node would be automatically updated if there is a new release.

Hi @heavypackets, which script you are mentioning? we will check it in real quick.

I recently switched over to the official script and it’s been about 12 hours without updating. The service is up, but I’m not sure what else to check.

Hi @Josh_Hamon, sorry for the trouble, and thank @heavypackets for the log, I was able to find the problem and fix it by adding “docker stop …” command before removing the container.
Please update the script and run it again!

3 Likes

Just to add: if the script has already failed once, rm /home/incognito/inc_node_latest_tag to force the script to try to upgrade again.

You can also call sudo /bin/run_node.sh after deleting the file to run the script manually and check for errors.

Still, the script shouldn’t update the TMP file with $current_latest_tag if the upgrade wasn’t successful. This will surely cause people problems down the road.

2 Likes

There’s been a new tag pushed so this manual step is no longer necessary :+1:

1 Like