How to use the Node monitor

That’s awesome! Thank you!

@Support. Why do all my nodes say “Online Not Latest Version” in the Node Monitor? Which code version is it referring to and how do I update it?

One more question on node vote counts if I may, since I am trying to diagnose the health of my two nodes, one is a pnode and one is a vnode. For example, in epoch 3853 and 3854 (chain id 5), my pnode received 99% and 100% vote count respectively. For those same two epochs, my vnode happened to also be in committee (chain id 0) behind the same router, but my vnode received a 0% vote count for both. My vnode just recently in epoch 4020 and 4021 received 100% and 97% vote count respectively. I hadn’t changed anything, though of course updates did occur, and from all my network info and docker stats, everything looks good. I have a pattern on both pnode and vnode to get 100 - 95% vote counts for a couple of epochs and then a number of epochs later, I get 0 vote count. I am presuming that it would be good to have a continuous pattern for all epochs in which my nodes are in committee to have steady high 90’s % vote counts, but I don’t see these. What other diagnostics can I do at my end to figure out what is causing this or at least that I and my settings are NOT causing this unstable pattern of vote counts? Perhaps there can be some kind of node diagnostic tutorial beyond the tips I have already seen here in the forum.

Are your nodes v or p nodes? pNodes should automagically pull the newest docker tag. vNodes will have to have their script reran to pull the latest one. I believe the latest tag to be 20210810.

You should be able to restart your pNode to possibly force it to grab the latest docker tag. I don’t believe there is another way for the end-user to force update.

1 Like

Hey @Jared. I have both pnodes and vnodes. Both are pulling the latest tag 20210815_1. All devices have been restarted.

actually we have tag 20210815_2 please restart your node and let us know is there any issue

2 Likes

I have since updated all of my vNodes. I must have missed the announcement about the new release.

1 Like

There is a mismatch between the node docker tag and the latest code version. Although you pull the latest docker tag, but you can see the wrong latest version message. We will fix it soon.

2 Likes

I would like to investigate your case. Can you ping me your validator mining public key which give unstable vote stat?

My vNode was in a committee but I don’t see the see the vote status for that epoch. Is there a delay?

Other users have reported the same thing. I believe @Support is aware of this and looking into a fix.

Yes, there is a delay due to the new code update. You can see the vote status now.

1 Like

Seems that now node-monitor (I have more than 1 node), shows the second one as “Not stake”. If I delete the nodes and resubmit keys it is only the first one that shows as “Pending” “online”.

Now it seems to work correctly again.

1 Like

Thanks for this excellent guide @0xkumi.

Both my vNodes have the following “Status” that is not clearly defined in this guide.

They are “Online - Not Latest Version” but under the “Sync State” it says “Latest” so I’m very confused.

Does this put my vNodes at risk of being slashed?

If yes, what do I need to do to correct this problem (please, answer in layman’s terms as I’m not linux savvy)? Thanks in advance.

Hello @Linnovations,

“Not Latest Version” means you’re not running the most current version of the docker tag. Your nodes should be running 20210929_4.

To force your docker containers to pull the updated version simply run the following code:

./inc*

Hey @Jared, Thanks for the command line. I ran it but the Node Monitor still says: “Online - Not Latest Version”.

What command line do I need to display my current Version?

I’ve sent you a PM so we can diagnose further.

Hi, I am moving my node from an old phone to my new one and I cannot seem to do this. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this?

Hello @dvncan,

The process of moving a pNode to a new device should be pretty straightforward.

1. Download the Incognito app on your new phone
  2. Import your wallet using your masterkey or private keys
  3. Go to the Power - Run a Node screen (from app home screen)
  4. Click (+) to add a new node
  5. Click pNode
  6. Click Add an existing Node at the bottom
  7. Scan the QR Code of the pNode
2 Likes