How to use the Node monitor

Yes, there is a delay due to the new code update. You can see the vote status now.

1 Like

Seems that now node-monitor (I have more than 1 node), shows the second one as “Not stake”. If I delete the nodes and resubmit keys it is only the first one that shows as “Pending” “online”.

Now it seems to work correctly again.

1 Like

Thanks for this excellent guide @0xkumi.

Both my vNodes have the following “Status” that is not clearly defined in this guide.

They are “Online - Not Latest Version” but under the “Sync State” it says “Latest” so I’m very confused.

Does this put my vNodes at risk of being slashed?

If yes, what do I need to do to correct this problem (please, answer in layman’s terms as I’m not linux savvy)? Thanks in advance.

Hello @Linnovations,

“Not Latest Version” means you’re not running the most current version of the docker tag. Your nodes should be running 20210929_4.

To force your docker containers to pull the updated version simply run the following code:

./inc*

Hey @Jared, Thanks for the command line. I ran it but the Node Monitor still says: “Online - Not Latest Version”.

What command line do I need to display my current Version?

I’ve sent you a PM so we can diagnose further.

Hi, I am moving my node from an old phone to my new one and I cannot seem to do this. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this?

Hello @dvncan,

The process of moving a pNode to a new device should be pretty straightforward.

1. Download the Incognito app on your new phone
  2. Import your wallet using your masterkey or private keys
  3. Go to the Power - Run a Node screen (from app home screen)
  4. Click (+) to add a new node
  5. Click pNode
  6. Click Add an existing Node at the bottom
  7. Scan the QR Code of the pNode
2 Likes

The problem here is it is listed on my other phone so I remove it from there before adding?

That shouldn’t be a problem. Were you able to add it on your new phone?

No I get this error saying it has been added to a device already. This happened before and I was able to move the node but I forget how.

Please message @Support so we can better assist you with this.

1 Like

The message is “you’ve already set up this device”

I agree with @abduraman, this has happened to me too!

FEATURE REQUEST:
Allow users to “Save” an XML file locally that contains all the details needed to restore all nodes. This will allow the user to import the XML file in a different browser to restore all the nodes.

What do others think about this idea?

5 Likes

Thanks for all the great work @0xkumi and team are doing to maintain and improve the Node Monitor. This tool is SUPER important to everyone running a node. I visit the Node Monitor a few times a week to check on my nodes, a very useful tool.

SOME FEEDBACK
Please make the column Heading titles clickable to sort the column in ascending/descending order. Include clickable arrowheads to show the sort direction (see below).

I’ve highlighted in yellow the headings that I feel should be sortable.

Please like this post if you feel this is a good idea.

FYI @abduraman @Jamie @Jared @Josh_Hamon

7 Likes

In linux, using curl with the monitor.incognito.org/node-monitor , is it possible to display for a particular vnode only the role with the number of epochs til completion in that role (e.g. “pending for 18 epochs” )? The format of such a request is tripping me up.

You can tap in on the back-end and pull the stats for your node.

curl -s 'https://monitor.incognito.org/pubkeystat/stat' \
  -H 'accept: application/json' \
  -H 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data '{"mpk":"1KfdF4Kn5sjwGMaqhieZ6TL2BkRpuu3GXSvx6jgWrPBeuVitzXKgGZkwin7YzviaV92vsTY3arWVwtGi1c2AucYfJEF7LrBU166kZzhPSvSNEd3zSavScY8ZUQmHW3V2BVo6s6NgmHiVBK7xrfo3WiKxmUFfpA1M2SVXyeumZRx8MtzbBZPRv"}' 

You then get a json response looking like

[{"Status":"ONLINE","Role":"COMMITTEE","NextEventMsg":"-5 epoch to be PENDING","CommitteeChain":"0","SyncState":"LATEST","LastVoteStat":100,"VoteStat":["100 (epoch:7055)","100 (epoch:7054)"],"MiningPubkey":"1KfdF4Kn5sjwGMaqhieZ6TL2BkRpuu3GXSvx6jgWrPBeuVitzXKgGZkwin7YzviaV92vsTY3arWVwtGi1c2AucYfJEF7LrBU166kZzhPSvSNEd3zSavScY8ZUQmHW3V2BVo6s6NgmHiVBK7xrfo3WiKxmUFfpA1M2SVXyeumZRx8MtzbBZPRv","AutoStake":false,"Alert":false,"Version":"3d1809cd5","IsOldVersion":true,"IsSlashed":false}]

which you can parse or just regexp the information you need out of.

3 Likes