How to use the Node monitor

actually we have tag 20210815_2 please restart your node and let us know is there any issue

2 Likes

I have since updated all of my vNodes. I must have missed the announcement about the new release.

1 Like

There is a mismatch between the node docker tag and the latest code version. Although you pull the latest docker tag, but you can see the wrong latest version message. We will fix it soon.

2 Likes

I would like to investigate your case. Can you ping me your validator mining public key which give unstable vote stat?

My vNode was in a committee but I don’t see the see the vote status for that epoch. Is there a delay?

Other users have reported the same thing. I believe @Support is aware of this and looking into a fix.

Yes, there is a delay due to the new code update. You can see the vote status now.

1 Like

Seems that now node-monitor (I have more than 1 node), shows the second one as “Not stake”. If I delete the nodes and resubmit keys it is only the first one that shows as “Pending” “online”.

Now it seems to work correctly again.

1 Like

Thanks for this excellent guide @0xkumi.

Both my vNodes have the following “Status” that is not clearly defined in this guide.

They are “Online - Not Latest Version” but under the “Sync State” it says “Latest” so I’m very confused.

Does this put my vNodes at risk of being slashed?

If yes, what do I need to do to correct this problem (please, answer in layman’s terms as I’m not linux savvy)? Thanks in advance.

Hello @Linnovations,

“Not Latest Version” means you’re not running the most current version of the docker tag. Your nodes should be running 20210929_4.

To force your docker containers to pull the updated version simply run the following code:

./inc*

Hey @Jared, Thanks for the command line. I ran it but the Node Monitor still says: “Online - Not Latest Version”.

What command line do I need to display my current Version?

I’ve sent you a PM so we can diagnose further.

Hi, I am moving my node from an old phone to my new one and I cannot seem to do this. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this?

Hello @dvncan,

The process of moving a pNode to a new device should be pretty straightforward.

1. Download the Incognito app on your new phone
  2. Import your wallet using your masterkey or private keys
  3. Go to the Power - Run a Node screen (from app home screen)
  4. Click (+) to add a new node
  5. Click pNode
  6. Click Add an existing Node at the bottom
  7. Scan the QR Code of the pNode
2 Likes

The problem here is it is listed on my other phone so I remove it from there before adding?

That shouldn’t be a problem. Were you able to add it on your new phone?

No I get this error saying it has been added to a device already. This happened before and I was able to move the node but I forget how.

Please message @Support so we can better assist you with this.

1 Like